Midweek Football 22/25 April

andykeenan

They badly need a goalscorer, someone who can get goals that can snatch wins, a top team can't have welbeck up top and I'm not sure Ferguson has pushed on this season, proper pacey winger would help too

As it is to me the passing looks too much, they're not setting traps let alone trying to spring them they're just passing and passing and passing

Just now, Keyblade said:

What, after 6 games?

Yeah, they were flying high and looking good. Good enough for Chelsea to nab their manager. 

De zerbi comes in and carries it on, largely the same players and style. 

Or am I wrong and De Zerbi transformed them?

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Not for me, they've gone from being a good team to being a good team

The argument would be that they've lost some of their better players and continued to be good 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Yeah, they were flying high and looking good. Good enough for Chelsea to nab their manager. 

De zerbi comes in and carries it on, largely the same players and style. 

They've looked good in multiple periods under Potter, but they'd always lacked cutting edge and ultimately finished bottom half. I didn't expect that season to go any different. Lest we forget our famous Cazoo Derby where we were once joint top with Everton after a similar number of games. De Zerbi had them scoring for fun (not just topping the xG charts) and finished 6th + got them to an FA Cup semi. I'd say he did.

What happened to Fati? 

Can remember the fuss over him last summer and how he was a big signing (with jealous eyes on him) and I've not heard of him since 

They signed the dortmund guy last summer too who was a misstep 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What happened to Fati? 

Can remember the fuss over him last summer and how he was a big signing (with jealous eyes on him) and I've not heard of him since 

£7m loan fee covers paying 60% of his salary (£128k pw) for 10 months. 4 goals in 14 and he's been injured, didn't score for 9 games and then dropped. I thought Dahoud would be a good signing given their experience but they shipped him out to the Stuttgart on loan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What happened to Fati? 

"We are helping him. He has to give something more because it's not enough what he's doing." De Zerbi about Fati, 3 weeks ago.

• Like 1

Just scanning through results elsewhere and happened across the Roma bench… and what a bench it would have to be to house all 16(!) substitutes 🤨

That can’t be right, surely?

Tammy in amongst it and a certain Keinan on the Udinese bench too.

IMG_0298.jpeg

Not a fat lot in that, Gvardiol is the wrong side, his hand is on his back but it's not that much of a push, he's going down before the legs contact 

But again... It's more of a foul than the foden free kick 

Amazing that Foden can kick a defender and win a freekick that leads to a goal but Brighton couldn't buy a penalty off the officials tonight even when the games dead. 

50 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They'll wank over Foden at half time but has he been that good? Given a free kick when he slipped and was never a free kick. The free kick took a deflection and his second was Brighton fannying about at the back.

I hate the bloke, but for as long as he keeps scoring, it's difficult to call the ratty little chav out. He's slowly becoming his own type of player, a natural finisher, out wide, not particularly tricky, but when he's on form he's a nightmare to play against.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I hate the bloke, but for as long as he keeps scoring, it's difficult to call the ratty little chav out. He's slowly becoming his own type of player, a natural finisher, out wide, not particularly tricky, but when he's on form he's a nightmare to play against.

Ratty little chav. I like it 😂

• Like 1

Â