Midweek Football 16/19 April

andykeenan

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I just don’t understand people who boast they don’t watch CL football, some absolutely incredible games.

I don’t boast , I just don’t watch or listen to football if it’s not Villa. I simply don’t care.

Probably why I’ve never had  SkyScumSport since its inception. I’ve seen it in pubs and at mates houses but I’ve never paid for it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mic09 said:

It's the best football in the world, no question about it.

Usually won by a bunch of clubs that tried to kill football, can see why people dont want to watch it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Usually won by a bunch of clubs that tried to kill football, can see why people dont want to watch it

I mean, sure. I don't disagree.

But there are levels to it. One person might feel watching Barca and PSG play is supporting the slow death of football. Others might say me typing it on a phone built in china is a crime against humanity.

I just watch the show of football; the players are not to blame. I don't get emotionally attached to it. I could watch CL football or put Netflix on. I like live sport and this is some good football.

That's as far as most people, including me, go. 

19 hours ago, Genie said:

I just don’t understand people who boast they don’t watch CL football, some absolutely incredible games.

I have TV access to all the Champions League matches, but have watched around 1 CL match in the last 10 years. I just don't have any interest in watching any football featuring random teams that i don't support. I actually find football matches where i am neutral a little boring, and wouldn't watch a few of them to get to the one that is a fantastic match.

I guess i'm a Villa fan much more than fan of watching football matches.

To give it further context, i wouldn't watch Man City vs Liverpool in the PL as it doesn't affect Villa. But i've watched some Spurs PL matches recently as it directly affects Villa. 

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I have TV access to all the Champions League matches, but have watched around 1 CL match in the last 10 years. I just don't have any interest in watching any football featuring random teams that i don't support. I actually find football matches where i am neutral a little boring, and wouldn't watch a few of them to get to the one that is a fantastic match.

I guess i'm a Villa fan much more than fan of watching football matches.

When I think back to really exciting games I’ve watched about 80% of the time it’s CL. 

The fact it’s the biggest competition means the teams are all in on getting through. Plus then it’s generally the very best players playing in it.

Champions League

Premier League

Non-League

International Football (excluded tournament knock games).

1 minute ago, Genie said:

When I think back to really exciting games I’ve watched about 80% of the time it’s CL. 

The fact it’s the biggest competition means the teams are all in on getting through. Plus then it’s generally the very best players playing in it.

Champions League

Premier League

Non-League

Actually thinking about it a little further, my wife (and younger son) are not football fans.

We all watch TV as a family unit as much as we can, or me and my wife watch everything together after the kids have gone to bed.  

So whilst wife doesn't mind me watching all the Villa matches on TV, i don't think she'd be impressed if i had more football to watch on TV haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Champions League

Premier League

Non-League

More specifically the knockout stages, presumably?

Group games are largely wank from the small selection I've seen over the years.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

More specifically the knockout stages, presumably?

Group games are largely wank from the small selection I've seen over the years.

I agree. Group stages mean nothing.  But the quarters onwards can be mega exciting, especially as theres more and more goals in football these days despite VAR . 

Whether we get to the quarters would be another matter. 

Relatively full strength from both City and Arsenal. Bayern may miss Gnabry but still a strong side.

Arteta has put out his more defensive lineup on paper, certainly more respectful of Bayern than they were us.

Same thing with Pep.

May surprise us with two low scoring matches after yesterday's pandomonium.

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Martinelli wearing gloves in April?

Frank Barson would have punched him square in the face.

Â