What Was The Better Performance - The Man City Win(home) or The Arsenal Win(away)?

What Was The Better Performance - The Man City Win(home) or The Arsenal Win(away)?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. What Was The Better Performance - The Man City Win(home) or The Arsenal Win(away)?

• Man City Win at Villa Park
    • Arsenal Win at Emirates Stadium

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/24 at 18:22

Two bloody amazing performances. No on expected either lets be honest. Two of the greatest of many Villa supports lifetimes.
But which Unai Emery Aston Villa Masterclass do you think was better - The Man City Win(home) or The Arsenal Win(away)? 

Both brilliant performances, but the Man City game has the title. nobody has done that to Manchester City in the last 10 years. It was a unbelievable performance.

Have to go with the Man City one: it was the worst a Guardiola team has ever been outplayed, period. Plus, we battered them for 90 minutes as opposed to 45 for the Arsenal game.

Absolutely not putting down today's result, mind: shows how great it was that we can even compare the two.

Easily Man City at home. That was the best performance I’ve ever seen Villa do. 

The Arsenal one we rode our luck sometimes in the first half.

• Like 3

They were debating this on Bein Sports as well.

However as noted, Man City was almost THE perfect performance. No team could have handled us playing like that.

Arsenal performance maybe second as a brilliant away performance.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Would we of beat Man City that day with Rodri in the side? 

This is why I'm inclined to go for today's performance. Also, we had the momentum back then. We've been under the cosh and have been depleted today. Won at the Emirates without our two first choice CMs.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Arsenal better performance overall, for me.

The Man City win felt like a one-off, a desperate overrunning of the opposition, an almost animalistic assault by a pagan horde. 

The Arsenal victory seemed more crafted and intellectually astute and beautifully sinister -- and therefore, importantly, reproducible -- like an attack by Legionnaires. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Great performances both, but I think the Man City win was the best I’ve seen us play (watching since 1990). This was class but we have beaten top teams lots of times. That Man City win was unique (almost literally, no-one else has ever dominated a Pep team like that in many of the stats)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

This is why I'm inclined to go for today's performance. Also, we had the momentum back then. We've been under the cosh and have been depleted today. Won at the Emirates without our two first choice CMs.

Same I picked the Arsenal win today due to that reason. Man City also went in to the Villa game on bad form too, think they drew 2-2 to spurs if I'm not mistaken. 
Arsenal had a full strength team out, and were in brilliant form. We did this without Luiz and Karmara. 

• Like 1

I agree with the consensus that the city performance was the better one as we completely outplayed them.

But there’s a caveat that they were massively weaker than usual (I think they played a midfield of akanji and Rico Lewis) plus we had comparatively fewer players out. Today was the other way round - arsenal at full strength and us much more weakened; plus we were away from home.

City was the more impressive performance but today was the more impressive result 

• Like 1

City

We've done this to arsenal at their place several times now, city was special, we've beat them before obviously but not dominated them like that, I think come the end of the year when city lift their 4th PL title in a row no one will have dominated them like that all season, probably longer

Was good to hear the commentor today say we're the only team in the League to beat both clubs, hopefully add Liverpool to that before we're done, beat city, beat Arsenal x 2, beat spurs, if we beat Liverpool you can't exactly say we don't deserve 4th, we are competing with the big boys 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

City by a mile. That was probably the best Villa performance I’ve ever seen

Same.

The game today was close, but we were brilliant second half and took our chances.

The City game at Villa Park wasn’t close. We were utterly dominant and should’ve won about 5-0. I’m not sure I ever have - or will again - see a better Villa performance than that one. 

Â