What Was The Better Performance - The Man City Win(home) or The Arsenal Win(away)?

What Was The Better Performance - The Man City Win(home) or The Arsenal Win(away)?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. What Was The Better Performance - The Man City Win(home) or The Arsenal Win(away)?

• Man City Win at Villa Park
    • Arsenal Win at Emirates Stadium

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/24 at 18:22

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Yeah city for me. we played them off the park, no one does that to City.

Actually much more should have been made of it, but obviously it's ickle CL chasing Villa ennit. 😆

The media were absolutely raving about it

Despite enjoying the City result more, I think the arsenal game was more of an achievement.

Threadbare squad, no Dougie or kamara, away from home and at a vital time to get 3 points.

Both games I'll remember for years to come.

• Like 3

No disrespect to the OP but I can't help but think this is a bit of a small time thread. Would any other top 4 club have such a thread?

But to answer the question, the home game v the cheats because they are allowed to play by different rules.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Couldnt vote, both different, but today was a lot more enjoyable given the narratives pre match.

We played 115 off the park when we had momentum, players bar mings and bunedia were fit and ready, the vibe at VP was superb at the time.

Today was great, we didn't have the same momentum, not the same fit able players. But tactically, we done a job on them. We were superb off the ball. Reminds me of the he spurs away game previous season, we had players behind the ball most of the time and hit them where and when it matters. How we switched on at second half as well, reminds me when pre Xmas, we would do that and dominate any team at VP.

Edited by HongKongVillan

17 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

No disrespect to the OP but I can't help but think this is a bit of a small time thread. Would any other top 4 club have such a thread?

But to answer the question, the home game v the cheats because they are allowed to play by different rules.

No disrespect but who gives a F about what the other top 4 clubs are doing? 

22 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

No disrespect but who gives a F about what the other top 4 clubs are doing? 

We are trying to break the top 4 and I think we need to develop a consistent top club mentality. As Ollie was saying last week.

That's all.

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We are trying to break the top 4 and I think we need to develop a consistent top club mentality. As Ollie was saying last week.

That's all.

You should be less negative in future then

Between the two - 

On performance? City by far. Complete control of the match. Dominated a Pep team that will likely never be replicated. For the 90+ minutes, they had one meaningful 60 second spell but were otherwise second best in all departments.  

On importance? I suspect Arsenal. Arresting a flagging momentum. Huge boost on UCL likelihood. Unai exercises his demons by knocking off Arsenal’s title challenge. 

It’s easy to play well when everything is going well but took a lot of courage to put out the performance we did today under the gun. 

• Like 1

today we didn’t  dominate in the same way as we did v City and for me The city home game was THE performance of the season , had we won it 5-0 there wouldn’t have been any complaints 

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah city for me. we played them off the park, no one does that to City.

Actually much more should have been made of it, but obviously it's ickle CL chasing Villa ennit. 😆

To be fair the big media question that week was “are Villa title contenders?” - but only after we beat Arsenal. Before that it was “Villa have done Arsenal a huge favour!” - the opposite of today :)

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Would any other top 4 club have such a thread?

About which of their best performances of the season was better? Seems reasonable whether you’re the Dog and Duck FC or the Harlem Globetrotters…

(note: Harlem Globetrotters probably not great at football) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Both brilliant performances, but the Man City game has the title. nobody has done that to Manchester City in the last 10 years. It was a unbelievable performance.

Still won it with a deflection, mind. 

That game was the best for 4/5 years.

This is better. 

So what's the theory on why we looked so good in these 2 games and Emery completely out coached his opponent in both of them. Is it that neither of them gave us any respect and just thought they could roll us-so they had no plans in place to contain us? Or is it just that the Emery master plan works against the shape of these 2 teams? I ask because let's be honest it doesn't always go this well.

Tough question.

Man City was absolute dominance, a game for the ages, but at our place and some key player missing for City (accepted we have too).

Arsenal at full strength, at their place, against the club that so disrespected Unai and Emi, a masterclass strategically and individual performances were 9s at least across the board.

So in summary, I dunno.

City might just edge it.

The perfect home performance vs the perfect away performance. 

Against, City though (without Rodri, shame they don't have any good subs :lol: ) we dominated for 90 mins, to the point where Haaland had two relatively saveable shots in the 20th min, and that was is it.  Zero, zilch, nothing.  Man City have 100+ financial legal issues, meaning this collective team of quality players shouldn't even be on the same pitch together and we made them look like the Dog & Duck under 10s.  

I was also incredibly impressed with the 3-0 vs Newcastle last year, and we absolutely battered them too. 

The only reason this is a question is because we - somehow - only scored 1 verses City.  It could have been 4/5. 

City for me. 

City win, as they will be the league champions again not Arsenal.

Plus I watched it live not on the tellybox like the Arsenal game.

None other then Big Ron thinks this was the best Villa performance at Villa Park since he started watching them in 1947, so that will do for me.

Â