Weekend Football 12/14 April

andykeenan

At some point before the end of the season a side is going to absolutely tonk this Manure side quite rightly. Sides just don't seem to be able to take their chances again them despite them being shite.

9 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

The player getting booked when there is contact.

I've frequently seen salmon dives with absolutely no contact not see bookings.

This ref is clearly making utd biased decisions.

It wasn't a penalty. 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair it was right though... 

Should go back and send him off but no penalty was the right decision 

People will be fuming and scream corruption but I think they got both decisions right tonight 

Maguire handball not one if the Bournemouth one was? Personally I think neither were. Not even close.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

At some point before the end of the season a side is going to absolutely tonk this Manure side quite rightly. Sides just don't seem to be able to take their chances again them despite them being shite.

Hopefully to the levels Anfield enjoyed last season

Results have gone as nicely as we could have imagined today. Lets not cock up and lose 5-0 tomorrow 🙏 

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

Maguire handball not one if the Bournemouth one was? Personally I think neither were. Not even close.

I didn't see the maguire one to be honest

The annoying thing about the handball is that I think it is handball but know full well it's not always given, the one vs Sheffield utd for us was an all day handball too

Just now, villa4europe said:

I didn't see the maguire one to be honest

The annoying thing about the handball is that I think it is handball but know full well it's not always given, the one vs Sheffield utd for us was an all day handball too

I'm curious what you think he could have done with his arm? It was already in a natural position away from his body. It deflects as he moves his arm further away then retracts his arm as close to his body as possible. It then hits the top of his arm as its by his side. There's no way it's a penalty. Never in a million years is that given against United. 

• Like 2

West Ham win tomorrow and manure down to 8th, just need cov to beat them next week and its sack the manager time and a complete rebuild, 4th my arse.

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm curious what you think he could have done with his arm? It was already in a natural position away from his body. It deflects as he moves his arm further away then retracts his arm as close to his body as possible. It then hits the top of his arm as its by his side. There's no way it's a penalty. Never in a million years is that given against United. 

He leans towards the ball, as soon as he does that it's handball, if he stands still it's not

His reaction says it all, he knew 

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It was the speed with which he blew the whistle that got me.  Reminded me of some classic umpiring from the 80s

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

United are 5th bottom on the xPTS table. It's insane that they are even in the top half.

Manure 14 fouls and no yellow cards, Bournemouth 13 fouls and 4 yellow cards, this has happened consistently all season with the so called top 6 benefitting, it needs to be addressed. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Utd battered by Brentford, Liverpool and Bournemouth and managed to somehow get 3 draws

Once again crazy finishing from Bournemouth at 1-0 and 2-1. I do think some of these opposition teams need to actually look at why they're only scoring two goals v Man. United even with 20 + shots (and that includes us). As we saw today shoot as soon as you get in the box and if it's on target it's more than likely to beat Onana so that seems a relatively simple formula.

Have to say that penalty Man. United got was a total joke but ultimately draws mean little for them now.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It was the speed with which he blew the whistle that got me.  Reminded me of some classic umpiring from the 80s

Again, compare it with the delay for giving the Bournemouth one. There's only one way that happens given both incidents were more than a little questionable.

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The most ridiculous hand ball. The rules are a farce and to give this as a pen is what’s wrong with the game 

I didn’t watch the game but I can’t see what’s wrong with that being given? Clearly hits his arm, and it isn’t stupidly close range or coming off another part of his body.

• Thanks 1

Â