Weekend Football 12/14 April

andykeenan

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I didn’t watch the game but I can’t see what’s wrong with that being given? Clearly hits his arm, and it isn’t stupidly close range or coming off another part of his body.

Totally agree. People need to take their tinted glasses off - his hand is in a totally unnatural position away from his body and he arguably moves it towards the ball when it comes towards him. If that's not a handball, I don't know what is anymore. 

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

If we get CL football next season there will be a high level of disappointment in the media.

If we don't get it it will be a "reality check" and if we do and subsequently struggle in it will be a "reality check" 🤣

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just saw a video of the pen that United get. Never is that a pen. What a joke

The one where the ball hits the defenders arm? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

The one where the ball hits the defenders arm? 

Yea but he couldn't exactly move out the way of it. At least from the angle I was looking at. 

I have been reading comments this evening from opposition fans congratulating Stockport County on their promotion. I have to say it is a refreshing change from the Premier League and the plastic fans slagging each other off.

Stockport County, sounds like a real football club!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yea but he couldn't exactly move out the way of it. At least from the angle I was looking at. 

He moves it towards the ball, though. It’s an instinctive reaction, but it’s what he does.

We’d be absolutely fuming if that wasn’t given as a pen against Villa tbh. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I have been reading comments this evening from opposition fans congratulating Stockport County on their promotion. I have to say it is a refreshing change from the Premier League and the plastic fans slagging each other off.

Stockport County, sounds like a real football club!

It does help that they are beating Wrexham to the title who other clubs fans hate

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bobzy said:

He moves it towards the ball, though. It’s an instinctive reaction, but it’s what he does.

We’d be absolutely fuming if that wasn’t given as a pen against Villa tbh. 

I dont get what people are seeing bar it being man utd, he leans towards the ball and it hits his arm, penalty is given and the guy doesn't complain cos he knows exactly what he's done 

It's a penalty and should be a penalty every time, us not getting it vs Sheffield utd still means VAR got it wrong for us, not that it was wrong last night 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tinker said:

West Ham win tomorrow and manure down to 8th, just need cov to beat them next week and its sack the manager time and a complete rebuild, 4th my arse.

You're joking. Those gutless c##ts couldn't even turn up in the SOTV derby. Unbeaten against the noses in the previous 8 games but when it mattered turned into Small Heath themselves. 🤬

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Kalmar FF defender Arash Motaraghebjafarpour surely has to have one of the best names in football. It's like if you fell asleep on the keyboard.

5 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

You're joking. Those gutless c##ts couldn't even turn up in the SOTV derby. Unbeaten against the noses in the previous 8 games but when it mattered turned into Small Heath themselves. 🤬

Sure.

But I'd still love them to beat Man Utd :D 

Be nice if Liverpool are out of it by 13th May. If we need a result to secure CL we could have a nice Villa Park evening atmosphere to do that against a team with nothing to play for. I know it's Klopp's penultimate game but I don't think that will mean much.

Â