Weekends Football 5/7April

No extended VAR check on that diving tackle by Casemiro? Flying uncontrolled tackle with studs up and extended straight leg that lands on the ankle of the Plop player.

A draw is fine here, helps neither club.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Manure should have had two red cards. I guess a draw is okay but underserved. Stockley Park hang your heads in shame with not having the balls to give them at least one red. Casemiro was 100% a red and they have had two.

Casemiro should have been sent off for that. Liverpool really f******d that up, they should have been clear and free by half time. Seems it’s not just Villa who can mess things up when in cruise control. 

Man U now 11 points behind us, the same number of points between us and Arsenal. They won’t be catching us. 

Just now, Lochheads twin said:

11 points behind with 7 to play.

and a poor goal difference 

It's effectively 8 with the Sheffield united game in hand. Then we will probably lose to arsenal, if man u fail to beat Bournemouth I think all we have to do is beat Palace and Bournemouth and that should do it. If they beat Bournemouth though that'll be 5 behind with 4 to play, and we still have Liverpool to play.

1 minute ago, sne said:

No extended VAR check on that diving tackle by Casemiro? Flying uncontrolled tackle with studs up and extended straight leg that lands on the ankle of the Plop player.

I was expecting the ref to be called to the monitor too

Just now, sne said:

Does it really matter, it's more of a liability him actually out there on the pitch for them so I'd rather he didn't miss three games as he can't run anymore.

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Man U's next 4 league opponents are Bournemouth, Sheffield U, Burnley & Palace. Villa's are Arsenal, Bournemouth, Chelsea & Brighton. Not very even, is it?

Nor is the league table. We are so far ahead of them it doesn't matter anynore.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

It's effectively 8 with the Sheffield united game in hand. Then we will probably lose to arsenal, if man u fail to beat Bournemouth I think all we have to do is beat Palace and Bournemouth and that should do it. If they beat Bournemouth though that'll be 5 behind with 4 to play, and we still have Liverpool to play.

All they can get now is 70 points. They'll probably lose to Arsenal so even if they win every single other game left we need just seven more points which really isn't that hard based on what we have left e.g. two wins and a draw.

Can see Bournemouth beating them if they score first next weekend tbh.

One way to look at it. In the last three rounds with us taking 4 points from three games they have not bettered our result in any of them. To finish above us they've going to have to better our result in at least 4 rounds, probably 5. There are only 7 games left for them now.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Nor is the league table. We are so far ahead of them it doesn't matter anynore.

It would matter if they won them all and we lost them all… I don’t think that happens, though. 

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Casemiro should have been sent off for that. Liverpool really f******d that up, they should have been clear and free by half time. Seems it’s not just Villa who can mess things up when in cruise control. 

Man U now 11 points behind us, the same number of points between us and Arsenal. They won’t be catching us. 

100% a red. 

If we win 2 games from our last 6 United need to win 6 from their last 7 (have a game in hand). 

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Checking club badge.

• Like 1

Just now, birdman said:

Checking club badge.

Yup, wearing a red shirts gets you out of all kinds of trouble in this league.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Does it really matter, it's more of a liability him actually out there on the pitch for them so I'd rather he didn't miss three games as he can't run anymore.

it does matter actually....

it's all about consistency with referees and VAR... and for anybody in the game that's a red card all day long....

another minus for VAR

even from Casemiro's reaction he thought he was going to see red

Edit: The ref was all of 5 yards from the incident....shocking really when you look at it

Edited by imavillan

We should have had an extra 2 points after the debacle yesterday

We should have had 6 points off man yoo this season

We should have beaten Sheffield utd at home

Etc

Etc

Could have, would have and should have.....it always comes down to that, I hope we don't come to regret what happened yesterday...

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It would matter if they won them all and we lost them all… I don’t think that happens, though. 

Yeah that won't happen and that's why it won't matter. We will still get more wins and they aren't winning all 7.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Man U's next 4 league opponents are Bournemouth, Sheffield U, Burnley & Palace. Villa's are Arsenal, Bournemouth, Chelsea & Brighton. Not very even, is it?

We do well against Brighton. Think we are looking at 7 points there. It depends on how we approach the Chelsea game, 

I would not be surprised to see Manure lose to Burnley and Palace. They are so inconsistent. 

6 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

We should have had an extra 2 points after the debacle yesterday

We should have had 6 points off man yoo this season

We should have beaten Sheffield utd at home

Etc

Etc

Could have, would have and should have.....it always comes down to that, I hope we don't come to regret what happened yesterday...

i should have won the lottery...

we could have lost to Man City at home

We could have lost to Arsenal at home

we could have should have etc etc etc

what happens happens.....

all teams at this stage of the season will pick up points where they don't expect to and lose points where they dont expect to

it's that time of year 

the season is not defined from yesterday....FTF UTV

• Like 1

Â