Match Thread: Man City v Villa

limpid

Just now, calcifer said:

City ain't going to let up, they will want to score as many as they can, could end up 5 or 6 easy 

They need the goal difference and we are excellent at conceding lots of goals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Foden is world class, I don’t know how Southgate makes him look so shit for England.

Shit to say it seeing as he's scored a hattrick... But nah not for me, great player but he's not world class 

He's about the 4th or 5th best player in this city team too which is depressing, I'd take silva over him any day 

Just now, Callum said:

Disagree. Just had international break, could have squeezed a draw here. 

Never were we getting a draw here, not with our injury list. 

Sorry but tonight has been totally unacceptable. First half we put an absolute shift in, but you can’t play this team against Man City and expect anything other than an absolute battering. Goal difference has been so healthy this season too. 

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

I don't understand all the changes to the line-up wasn't necessary that amount.

If we win on Saturday i don't care tbh.

• Like 4

All ifs and buts, but if Luiz strikes that low into bottom corner, which he's more than capable of,  we were right in this.

Please keep it to 4, I think we deserve that for how we've played overall. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Shit to say it seeing as he's scored a hattrick... But nah not for me, great player but he's not world class 

He's about the 4th or 5th best player in this city team too which is depressing, I'd take silva over him any day 

People seem to forget he's only 23 years old. He's been around for what feels like a long time now. He's still got a lot more to come.

2 games versus **** Twatcastle, 1 versus Spurs and 1 against this shower have prevented us having a really comfortable and deserved goal difference versus Spurs. Gross.

Just now, Villa87 said:

Sorry but tonight has been totally unacceptable. First half we put an absolute shift in, but you can’t play this team against Man City and expect anything other than an absolute battering. Goal difference has been so healthy this season too. 

Imagine we put that shift in with our main players and end up being completely gassed for the Brentford and Lille games, while still losing here today. 

Just now, Tommo_b said:

Never were we getting a draw here, not with our injury list. 

Try and squeeze a draw here at the expense of what comes next? 

Tonight is judged on what happens over the next week 

Just now, Tayls said:

If we fail to win 5-0 at the weekend then this would have been pointless. Might as well of gone full strength. 

Exactly this - cowardly from us. Just after a 2 week break.