New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It is, though.  It won't be a large portion of overall income, but it could easily be the difference of, say, £50m.  And that's a lot.

How much would the new stadium cost? Assuming a billion like spurs we'd not see any profit at all from it's construction for 20 years. In that time our (current shitty) broadcast revenue would have earned the same value three times over. We're way behind in terms of broadcast revenue, and ancillaries. We upgrade those and that extra £50M would be like chump change. Or we could just sell our heritage for no significant gain. 

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

How much would the new stadium cost? Assuming a billion like spurs we'd not see any profit at all from it's construction for 20 years. In that time our (current shitty) broadcast revenue would have earned the same value three times over. We're way behind in terms of broadcast revenue, and ancillaries. We upgrade those and that extra £50M would be like chump change. Or we could just sell our heritage for no significant gain. 

Spurs is probably not a good comparison. Everton is a better one, theirs is around 500mil. 

750 would be a safe estimate, that would mean a return in 10/15 years. 

Or much quicker considering the ever increasing revenue/sponsorships. 

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Spurs is probably not a good comparison. Everton is a better one, theirs is around 500mil. 

As a few others have mentioned, we don't even technically " own " the stadium, so without pretending to know anything about finance, I'm assuming we wouldn't even necessarily have to view it from a " return " perspective with regards to revenue against Aston Villa as such.

That would be NSWE / V Sports / Aitoros asset to worry about and we would just lease it and take our percentage, turnover etc?

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Interest payments would be huge on that so that would need to be included.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Isn't that included in the costs?

Either way, we'd also have to include the value of the club increasing dramatically - if Villa is worth, say, 700m now, with the new stadium that might very well double. 

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Everton's is around 800m last I heard.

It would be a billion easy by the time we built ours

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As a few others have mentioned, we don't even technically " own " the stadium, so without pretending to know anything about finance, I'm assuming we wouldn't even necessarily have to view it from a " return " perspective with regards to revenue against Aston Villa as such.

That would be NSWE / V Sports / Aitoros asset to worry about and we would just lease it and take our percentage, turnover etc?

That's a fair point. 

Edit- Although we'd not be getting any equity in the business from the finished stadium, so there's that. 

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

We won’t have a history worthy of discussion in 20 years  if we don’t take the very difficult decision to put the clubs future growth potential first. 

This doesnt make any sense at all. How does us staying at Villa remove our history?

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" Aston Villa are open to creating a 92,000 seater soulless bowl outside of Aston... Despite NSWE expressing no desire for such a move just last year " - John Townley 

Will be called the Starbucks Bowl

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Isn't that included in the costs?

Either way, we'd also have to include the value of the club increasing dramatically - if Villa is worth, say, 700m now, with the new stadium that might very well double. 

Who cares what Villa is worth, that only makes a difference if we are sold by NSWE, we the club get no or little benefit from that.  The thing that affects us in that situation is who buys us.  Anyway hopefully NSWE go nowhere for a long time, so how much the Villa is worth is of no consequence, all that matters is revenue and cost from a financial point of view.

As for the interest payments it will depend know long they are paid over and if we just pay the interest off or pay down the capital payments quickly.  I doubt very much if that cost is included in peoples estimation of the build of the new ground if they are talking £500m-700m cost.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Aston Villa FC doesn't own Villa Park, and it wouldn't be paying any of the costs - materials, labour, interest, or otherwise - to build a hypothetical new stadium in the current ownership model. FFP, if we are comparing to Everton's situation, is irrelevant to this discussion for us.

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Everton's is around 800m last I heard.

It would be a billion easy by the time we built ours

Stadium cost is of course relevant but ultimately if it allows us to be even more competitive it won’t matter to the owners. Let’s say if it meant our commercial revenues went anywhere near spurs then they would see a huge increase in the clubs valuation. That’s all they will care about because one day they will exit. 

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

Stadium cost is of course relevant but ultimately if it allows us to be even more competitive it won’t matter to the owners. Let’s say if it meant our commercial revenues went anywhere near spurs then they would see a huge increase in the clubs valuation. That’s all they will care about because one day they will exit. 

Then why aren't they building a new stadium?

Do you know for sure that they’re not?

It’s blatantly obvious that the status quo can’t remain so I strongly suspect that they are looking at all possible options re renovating villa park, building a new stadium on the site (which would be the preferred option of course), or building a new stadium elsewhere. 

I'm still hoping we are just delaying the new North Stand by a year.  Hopefully get a full year of Champions League ticket revenue plus TV on top, then get the development done in time for Euro 28.  With the Warehouse development and longer platforms at Witton station it should ease congestion to cope with 50,000+.  From what I remember they were improving the route to the station so most people wouldn't need to see how run down the local area is.  

That's still the most logical plan in my eyes, they can't seriously just be keeping the North Stand as it is.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Do you know for sure that they’re not?

It’s blatantly obvious that the status quo can’t remain so I strongly suspect that they are looking at all possible options re renovating villa park, building a new stadium on the site (which would be the preferred option of course), or building a new stadium elsewhere. 

I know that they've categorically ruled it out, which is far more evidence than there is for the contrary

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn't know we had to clarify that a post is opinion and not fact now. 

IN MY OPINION

Oh really?

How ironic that you should say that.

I completely agree with you of course, its just that last week... oh never mind.

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I know that they've categorically ruled it out, which is far more evidence than there is for the contrary

Where did the club categorical rule that out? 

I know that the likes of Townley have said that was “their understanding” but I wasn’t aware the club had specifically ruled a stadium move or complete rebuild out. 

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

20 years is nothing. If we're only looking at the short term like yourself then I don't have much hope for us anyway.