Spotify - an online music service

bickster

29 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I'm guilty of listening to music too loud, it's definitely a good thing for Spotify to implement. 

I've got the family subscription now, after initially being sceptical about Spotify, I now don't know what I'd do without it.

Same here, daughter uses it all the time at Uni, I use it all the time at home - all for £15

For anyone paying full price. If you went to Uni have a look if you can get an NUS card as  it's quite often possible as an alumni. It is worth it for all the other discounts you can get to but the £4.99 for Spotify is where I save most money.

16 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

after initially being sceptical about Spotify, I now don't know what I'd do without it.

Same. It's a revolutionary change, IMO. The drawback isn't the monthly fee, it's that the service is internet dependent. That said, I really enjoy using it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Same. It's a revolutionary change, IMO. The drawback isn't the monthly fee, it's that the service is internet dependent. That said, I really enjoy using it.

Im pretty sure if you save the songs you want it will download them when next connected to wifi and you can listen without internet. I do this and can still play them when im driving somewhere there is no chance of signal. Obviously you cant listen to stuff you havent saved but you soon build a decent sized playlist. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Im pretty sure if you save the songs you want it will download them when next connected to wifi and you can listen without internet. I do this and can still play them when im driving somewhere there is no chance of signal. Obviously you cant listen to stuff you havent saved but you soon build a decent sized playlist. 

Yep, I save all my favorite playlists for offline play. Only downside of this is the space it takes up on your phone, especially if download the high quality files.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2017 at 06:23, maqroll said:

Offline play.

Only takes a few minutes to get some good playlists synched offline. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Had to get a family subscription in the end. Was previously sharing my sub with the family and my daily mixes are now just appalling :crylaugh:

Theirs are too, I would imagine...

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Had to get a family subscription in the end. Was previously sharing my sub with the family and my daily mixes are now just appalling :crylaugh:

I had to have two accounts just for myself. There's my account and the one for the car because passengers want to put on the most dreadful shite, I was suffering from the same issue. Fortunately I already had the Family Account so my daughter could use it in Uni

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I had to have two accounts just for myself. There's my account and the one for the car because passengers want to put on the most dreadful shite, I was suffering from the same issue. Fortunately I already had the Family Account so my daughter could use it in Uni

Wish you could clear your listening history so you could get music that's only relevant to you.  Other than that,  Spotify is ace. Love the simple things like it alerting you when new albums are available to stream. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dubbs said:

My brother uses my account, I've used it a bit less recently, resulting in his awful taste in music completely ruining my recommendations.

I fookin love Spotify. For the money, it is a bargain. 

There isn't much that isn't on there from what I can see (caveat - my music tastes are pretty mainstream)

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

My only gripe is that on the Android app I can't change the track positions in a playlist. 

It seems like a simple thing to implement. 

As in queued songs? Or just the way they are ordered on a playlist?

15 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

My only gripe is that on the Android app I can't change the track positions in a playlist. 

It seems like a simple thing to implement. 

not sure you can do that in any form of the platform tbh. I also agree it would be an improvement I'd welcome

2 hours ago, bickster said:

You are , sadly. I generally do my playlists on the desktop, ticks me right off having to delete tracks and redo them

It works on the Linux desktop client. I just dragged the songs back and forth in the lists. I haven't got a win or mac in front of me to test right now.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Just re-read this thread... had it for 8 years now (thanks for the invite in 2009 @Tegis)

:thumb:

Â