Spotify - an online music service

bickster

apparently three mobile are shortly to launch an ad free spotify service (£5 per month) and launch a dedicated spotify phone. Would be unlimited downloads, if they get the phone right that could be a decent service i think, unlimited music on a portable device for £5 per month.

Just found out my iPhone contract is up in 8 days, and they replaced it for a brand new one under warranty just over a week ago, bahaha. Might move away from O2 - hate those words removed.

Still love Spotify on the iPhone though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

just installed it on the iphone, now i've got a 7 day premium pass handed me by spotify. So we'll see how it goes, currently syncing tracks. Will I need to let it dl to the iphone somehow too? Set it to sync on the desktop

• 2 months later...
just installed it on the iphone, now i've got a 7 day premium pass handed me by spotify. So we'll see how it goes, currently syncing tracks. Will I need to let it dl to the iphone somehow too? Set it to sync on the desktop

Yes, syncing on the desktop will just enable offline play on that device.

When you open the iPhone, set the offline content you require and the iPhone will also sync.

So you may choose to have no offline content on the desktop (because you are always online), but plenty on the iPhone for roaming - you do get that freedom.

I found a way of doing it for free when I signed up, their register page used to be available without invite if you type in www.spotify.com/register or something, but its been removed now, I checked a few weeks ago when a friend asked for an invite. It's a really good service, theres only been a couple of times I've searched for something and got nothing or just tribute bands doing covers. Very good for a free service and the adverts only get a little bit annoying.

Â