Spotify - an online music service

bickster

• 1 year later...

It's ebbed and flowed a bit but Spotify is still with us.

For newer VTers here's the VT Playlist - Established so long ago it's been lost in the mists of time.

It's been mostly forgotten, though we think some footprints in the dust can be attributed to a certain Mr Bland.

Go Mad.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

AC/DC now on there (as well as a few others like Deezer and Rdio)

Over the last few years Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Metallica and Oasis have been added despite initially not signing up for it. Beatles aside, all the major players are now on it

I was thinking about this the other day, I won't pay a tenner a month because I have knocking on for 20,000 songs on my ipod.

I also don't like the streaming through your phone thing, it sounds trivial but what happens if someone phones you whilst you are listening to your music, am I right in thinking that you would have to switch the music off until the end of the call?

I did concede however that when my Ipod dies some day I may give this streaming business a go, I'm still sold on the idea though

I was thinking about this the other day, I won't pay a tenner a month because I have knocking on for 20,000 songs on my ipod.

I also don't like the streaming through your phone thing, it sounds trivial but what happens if someone phones you whilst you are listening to your music, am I right in thinking that you would have to switch the music off until the end of the call?

I did concede however that when my Ipod dies some day I may give this streaming business a go, I'm still sold on the idea though

Spotify pauses automatically when someone phones you.

Yep, and starts up again when you end the call. 

Been a premium subscriber for years and can't fault the service 

Â