Spotify - an online music service

bickster

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Weird. I have the family account and have never had this in the Android or Windows application. I'd be cancelling immediately if I saw an ad. 

Seeing it in ios. Happened a few times. Really irritating. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Seeing it in ios. Happened a few times. Really irritating. 

Doesn't seem to happen in MacOS or iOS for me? I have premium but not family 

• 6 months later...
5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Anyone done their yearly wrap?

kFNbGZM.png

56 days of music 😂

I discovered 514 new artists and listened to 630 different Genres 😯

At least no-one can say I don't explore new music 😁

Just now, Designer1 said:

I discovered 514 new artists and listened to 630 different Genres 😯

At least no-one can say I don't explore new music 😁

Oh wow that's good going. I had 313 new artists and 250 new genres. You're far more open minded than me. :D 

Apparently I listen to a lot of Chamber Psych but I have no idea what that is lol

• Like 1

Mine is utter bollex, methinks they have me mixed up with someone else. It is actually a list of everything I hated in the '80s with very few exceptions. Even stuff like Talk Talk that I do listen to is the wrong period. It isn't even stuff the missus listens to on her account, nor is it stuff my daughter listens to on hers.

EDIT, cleared cache and cookies, logged in again and completely different again, utter bollex again, this times there's even classical music in there which I never listen to and artists I haven't even heard of. Even the one's I do know like Sufjan Stevens, I very much doubt I've listened to all year.

Nonsense

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Oh wow that's good going. I had 313 new artists and 250 new genres. You're far more open minded than me. :D 

Apparently I listen to a lot of Chamber Psych but I have no idea what that is lol

I had Chamber Psych pop up mine too. Do you listen to Fat White Family, Orielles, Squid etc? Apparently it's that type of music

As I expected, mine was completely skewed by that fact that on insomniac nights (i.e. most of them) I put on the Max Richter 'Sleep' album to attempt to nod off. I never actually 'listen' to it. 

im less minutes this year as ive been working form home, 54k rather than the 80K+ i've had for the last few years, also got in to podcasts on there properly this year

DMAs were the top band

dance pop being my 2nd favourite genre was the only real surprise :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

I had Chamber Psych pop up mine too. Do you listen to Fat White Family, Orielles, Squid etc? Apparently it's that type of music

I think FWF and Squid would be offended at that tbh, hell I'm even offended for them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

How the hell can there even BE 285 genres? 

Spotify likes to invent them so it can create playlists for them

I listened to a few tracks on playlist yesterday of "New Artist from Eire", I listened to about the first 5, it was all rap shite and I gave up. Yet in my wrap up, it's one of the things they featured on that list as a genre I'm most into and its not called Irish Rap Shite either

3 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

I don't listen to those bands no, but looking at a Chamber Psych playlist on Spotify, I think it comes form listening to;

bdrmm,
beak>,
she drew the gun,
murder capital
Fontaines
Girl Band
protomartyr... 

none of those bands sound like they would resemble 'Chamber Psych' to me tho. I'm so out of touch with genres lol. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I get Youtube music free as I have Youtube Premium and therefore my music play has been split between that and Spotify. That said I think my wife has been using it as apparently I listened to Metric a lot and Allstar. 

Â