Spotify - an online music service

bickster

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

It works on the Linux desktop client. I just dragged the songs back and forth in the lists. I haven't got a win or mac in front of me to test right now.

:thumb:

I'm on a mac.

You can drag songs back on forth on a playlist you've created.
You don't appear to be able to do it on a playlist somebody else has created though.

• 2 months later...

How intelligent is Spotify in terms of noticing what you've played?

Specifically, if I am listening to a random playlist, like a daily mix, and a song comes on that I don't like so I skip it within, say, 10 seconds, does that still count as a play?

As in will Spotify say "he's played that, he must like it, so we'll incorporate that into a playlist in future"

Or is it intelligent enough to realise "he immediately skipped that so he must not like it. We'll discard that in future"?

After 3 seconds the track is attributed to you as a listen.

After 30 seconds the track is attributed as played.

That was last time I looked. Though software is getting nosier all the time and increasingly incorporating response time stuff including psych evaluation :o

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Currently has an offer for 1 year for 990 kronor or roughly £90 if you pay in one go rather than the usual £9/ month.

Might be in Sweden only thou...

I think its £99 in the UK upfront as well - instead of £9.99 per month. Recall seeing an email about it a few days ago

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Money well spent IMO.

Most definitely. 

I've listened to 733 hours of Spotify this year (30 days!) for such a small outlay. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

My favourite tracks of the year as decided by Spotify is pretty random. I swear some of those tracks I've maybe played twice

My top artist was Zomby? Was it ****.

K5tPkyR.jpg

I've physical copies of 2 titles in my top 30 playlist. One of those is an old cassette.

It's a useful reconnaissance tool. Soundcloud too. Reckon YouTube would top the list. Bandcamp in 4th, probably.

1 minute ago, Xann said:

My top artist was Zomby? Was it ****.

K5tPkyR.jpg

I've physical copies of 2 titles in my top 30 playlist. One of those is an old cassette.

It's a useful reconnaissance tool. Soundcloud too. Reckon YouTube would top the list. Bandcamp in 4th, probably.

Where does one find such info?

12 hours ago, bickster said:

My favourite tracks of the year as decided by Spotify is pretty random. I swear some of those tracks I've maybe played twice

Yep, there's some songs in mine that I'm not sure I've ever actually listened to. And if I have it's definitely not more than once or twice.

I'm embarrassed to say that my top artists of the 'year' are similar to what they would be 10 years ago.

I need to branch out a bit, I'm becoming my dad. 

Although I listen to lots of eclectic music styles I keep going back to NOFX and Green Day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

I need to branch out a bit, I'm becoming my dad.

The feckin thing knows how old I am - It congratulated me on listening to music primarily enjoyed by other age groups.

It's also snooped around the drives and looked at my personal audio files. Nosey bloody thing it is.

• 2 months later...

Spotify is now attempting to recommend tracks using my primary playlist as a guide.

It's tried with genre themed lists before. It did ok with an electronic one. This however......

3HO5wVm.jpg

Absolutely woeful :D

Â