Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/24 at 23:59

Feel we have to restore Pau and Konsa CB partnership… no more Ezri at RB.

Tim will have to partner Doug (who really needs to take command again now, has been a bit quiet for a long while) and quickly improve.

Sick of how depleted our squad keeps getting… if I could pick one player to return from injury rn it would be Kamara… 😖

Other option, unlikely, is to play with 5 defenders… which I hate tbh… 

3 CBs and two wingbacks to bomb on… 🤦‍♂️😖 like the final Deano days… 

Edited by Jas10

22 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not that it matters.

Strange I saw different numbers, that's even closer. Doesn't matter but largely came down to a sending off and couple of dumb goals

• Like 1

Spurs fans all gloating that they’ve nailed down top 4…. I’ve never come across a more deluded set of fans.. think they’re Billy big bollox but they’re not even the best team in their postcode…. Let’s see how the rest of the season pans out..

4 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Games at the highest level hang on the smallest moments.

Konsa destroyed the game plan. McGinn is finished after that.

we should sell the club and tell Premier League to revoke our membership 

OTT dramatics

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rodders said:

Useless bottlers

Useless clearings in the woods 

Negative first.half was shite. Mcginn was a **** disgrace. Thanks for that you **** dipshit

Absolute horror show, bottled a big game AGAIN

Mentality midgets. Pricks

If only they had your mental fortitude and emotional balance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had better afternoons at Villa Park for sure. Walking to the ground and saw the line up wasn’t too sure on the formation we were playing but I just think we gave too much respect to Spurs with that line-up. Can sort of understand why he did it, the Ajax game clearly had an impact on some of the players. Watkins, Bailey, Luiz, Konsa, Digne all looked off it today from what I saw. 

The first half was OK, neither team really did anything great. Second half it just got worse and worse. Seem to have a habit of when conceding once we concede a second quite quickly after. Happened under Smith, Gerrard and is now happening under Emery. That’s Newcastle, Chelsea, Forest, Luton and Spurs it’s happened in recent times. First goal is crucial in our games it seems, when we go behind it’s seems inevitable that we aren’t going to mount a come back and the atmosphere goes flat. 

Looking at the Mcginn challenge from the upper Doug Ellis it looked like he was really frustrated when he committed the challenge, not surprised it was a red and it won’t be overturned (doubt the club will appeal anyway). Now have to go into the next three games without him and leaves us down to the bare bones in midfield. 

Now time to bounce back at a ground we struggle at. 

• Like 1

Another big game at home and another loss.:rolleyes: What happened to the team that beat Manchester City and Arsenal in similar games? We haven't even got John McGinn now, time for the team to bounce back again!

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - Song Lyrics and Music by The Smiths  arranged by K_Man75 on Smule Social Singing app

Those first 2 goals we conceded were typically sloppy goals we have been copping hasn't been rectified. A tight defence for me leads you to success. We can score , but defence is huge weakness. The first goal between 2 defenders and the other one a brain fade.

Let me say McGinn was the only one out there fighting hard trying to turn it around the rest went missing bigtime.

Edited by ozvilla28

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

McGinn owes us a performance (to say the least), 

Im genuinely not sure what to say to that other than: what a load of entitled bollocks. 

McGinn owes us nothing. He has been an absolutely fantastic player and leader both on and of the pitch, all the way from the Championship up to the brink of the Champions League.

Are our fans really getting that entitled? 

Your post is embarrassing if Im honest. I hope its a heat of the moment thing and you reflect on this tomorrow.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

69/31 possession for spurs in the first half and we had nothing on target but sure we edged the first half 🤷‍♂️

Ange said he told his players at half time, we was working hard and struggling to contain them.....they just went up a gear in terms of intensity.....by far the better team.

These results and performances have been coming, for a while now.

McGinn just got frustrated with his players, he was the only one engaging....and lost it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jim said:

Emery got it wrong with the set up. Another big game where we have come up wanting.

I am not arguing Jim....but I think it's a bit more than just set up.

He did send the wrong message with 5-3-2.....but there are more aspects of this team, I am not convinced with.

That result and performance has been lying in waiting.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Just back and wet and pissed off.

First half we played okay and 0-0 was fair. Robbed way too easy for the second goal though, then McGinn losing his head 10 minutes later and the game is done at that point. I am not concerned at all by the last couple of goals as we'd just ran out of steam and ideas at that point.

Whilst I am pissed off with today I can though put it in perspective and see it as a bad day at the office within an excellent season and what could still be a remarkable one. We haven't lost two league games on the bounce for over 10 months and I'm confident we'll again bounce back.

I don't think 4th place was representative, of that performance or result......We would not be where we are, playing like that. It certainly seemed like a big game to them.

The first half result was ok 0-0 but Ange felt that we was struggling to contain them, so he could clearly see an intensity advantage by his team.....then the customary second half gift, and it was slipping away.

I think John McGinn lost his head, because he was the only one engaging, and frustration got the better of him....I don't think it was a bad day at the office, because it has happened in similar circumstances too often lately.

I think we have a lot to do, to be the team we think we are.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Thank god Ollie wasn’t injured despite the attempts of the Tottenham defence today. 

Am I the only one that thought the Van Der Ven challenge on Watkins in the first half was a blatant penalty and clear yellow card?  Yes, the side of his boot made very slight contact with the ball, but he absolutely smashed directly into Watkins, injuring him in the process. No VAR intervention and (of course) the commentators used the "he got the ball" excuse which has been dismissed time and again by the officials themselves. ie. just because you get the ball doesn't mean it's not a foul.   If that had happened to Salah or Son, that would have been a very different outcome imho...

• Like 2