Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

They look the better team for me. Our passing has been poor and without Kamara we are hitting it long which is noticeably different to our usual set up. Bailey and Youri pretty poor. Very cagey game. Subs will be key you feel. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

This game is calling out for ramsey

Calling out for Duran I think. He'll bag the winner. 

• Like 1

Starting Cash worked that half. Struggled at times yes. But he’s been able to create space for Bailey and link up more. Long throws are a different option. He’s dogged and determined in a game that requires it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah I think so too, 1st pen shout he got lucky it wasnt a good tackle, 2nd pen shout was absolutely nothing

My only gripe was both linos have flagged late for easy decisions, ollie and kulusevski were different postcode offsides

Yeah neither were penalties - but both times their player touched the ball almost by accident.  So encouraging signs that when we run into the box then their guys are trying to put a foot in - they only need to miss once...

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’d take Van De Van. Him and Pau would be a dangerous duo.

yeah he is a good defender, very physical and fast.

• Like 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I’d take Van De Van. Him and Pau would be a dangerous duo.

Maybe quietly he's been a very very good signing, their dropping off around October or whatever it was coincided with an injury for him 

• Like 3

Just now, allani said:

Yeah neither were penalties - but both times their player touched the ball almost by accident.  So encouraging signs that when we run into the box then their guys are trying to put a foot in - they only need to miss once...

Agree with this, we need to start getting some shots away so they get more and more reckless with those challenges.

3 minutes ago, allani said:

Two teams who are good at exploiting space in behind the defence.  I think we're doing the right thing but making sure we don't leave gaps at the back.

It's looking like the right approach defensively but do feel like we've lost our width going forward. Think the subs will be crucial.

Missing ramsay

Missing luiz....anyone seen him....never shows when need a pivot

Looking casual...maybe a bit scared to play....game Thursday now this and again next week...poss tired...but most have been sloppy and slow