villa89

28 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Just arrived in Brum and feeling confident. If we see Pau on that team sheet I think we can go in with some optimism here.

if he is "oven ready ".

• Like 2

A repeat of Wednesday's effort, even if ending in some fluke points, would be more concerning in the bigger picture than a sharp, well played loss.

Edited by Rosch

A win either way today is massive,

We win and are we are 11 points ahead with 14 to play.

Lose and it's 5 point.

One almost locks us in for 5th at worst, the other opens up a Pandora's box of possibilities. 

I believe in you Unai, make it happen UTV

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

Yeah giving this one a wide berth. If we somehow end up with a positive result I'll enjoy the highlights but I refuse to have my Sunday afternoon ruined for a change

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

First game in a while I'm not bothering to follow. It's going to be a horrible match and no joy will come from it, so best to just ignore it.

jeez, i'd love to have you pair in the trenches with me.

That's as fickle as it gets. Never give up on your club/team.

It's in the blood, the highs and the lows and this season is a fantastic high.

I'm hopeful you will both miss out on a great win for the Villa.

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 3

As big as it gets today really.

Win and I’m absolutely certain we finish top 5. Lose and I’ll genuinely be concerned our season could fall apart, especially if we get battered. 

Basically just don’t lose. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imavillan said:

jeez, i'd love to have you pair in the trenches with me.

That's a fickle as it gets. Never give up on your club/team.

It's in the blood, the highs and the lows and this season is a fantastic high.

I'm hopeful you will both miss out on a great win for the Villa.

I've got so much else going on in my life that makes me want to jab a knife into my throat at the moment that I don't need the pain of watching us lose to a team I absolutely despise.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I see a wonderful winning result later. I just don't believe I will and I don't need that disappointment to pile on top of everything else.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've got so much else going on in my life that makes me want to jab a knife into my throat at the moment that I don't need the pain of watching us lose to a team I absolutely despise.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong and I see a wonderful winning result later. I just don't believe I will and I don't need that disappointment to pile on top of everything else.

Chin up bud, things will get better, starting with a Villa win today... Believe!!

I’m not sure I can face watching this…trying to decide what’ll hurt less if it’s bad news, check at 90 mins and see we threw away a three nil lead or watch that happen? Or watch the 6 minute VAR review on 90 mins to confirm an incorrect pen that Fernandes will bury, or just see we lost 1-0?

Probably been said but this is a season defining game ! Win this and Man U are out the top 4 race and I can’t see us outside the top 6 at the end of the season! Come on VILLA !!! 

34 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m not sure I can face watching this…trying to decide what’ll hurt less if it’s bad news, check at 90 mins and see we threw away a three nil lead or watch that happen? Or watch the 6 minute VAR review on 90 mins to confirm an incorrect pen that Fernandes will bury, or just see we lost 1-0?

I'd much much much rather us lose 1-0 to a late dodgy penalty than throw away another big lead against these pricks. It's actually insane how often we've done it against them compared to other teams. They will basically always have a psychological edge against us that they don't have with other teams because of it.

• Like 1

I don't think we have a chance.

Not convinced by either Diego Lenglet or Cash.

Couldn't even beat them when being 2 - 0 up and having an additional couple of days rest over them now they have extra rest over us.

I'll take a draw.

Edited by AshVilla