Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

That's a fair counterpoint. I think the Spanish press is quite notorious for gossip. But interest might not materialise further.

Remember when Alemany was joining and they said he would have a 'blank chequebook'? 🤣

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Araujo is better than Konsa and would be a replacment for Carlos. He is strong,  quick, good in the air.. Also he can play right back. Basically he is the Uruguayan Konsa, only better aerially. If we get him, it would be a major coup!

oh yeah, I 100% agree with you!

13 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

I mean at least 3 were legit links, bit of shitty tweet?

We chose Diaby over Brennan Johnson, possibly a mistake looking now. Acuna was close to being done before Sevilla pulled the deal off and Nico has been linked with us forever but he was definitely staying at Atletic last year 

Why is diaby a mistake? His form at 2nd half was patchy but his stats are bettee than baileys 1st season was for us

Diabs is gonna get better under emery  i have no doubt about that. Much better player than johnson in my opinion 

• Like 4

For me, Luiz will be the one to go if we have to sell somebody. I’d love Ramsey to stay. Him and Rogers battling it out on the left would be superb. Throw Baena into the mix and that allows Rogers to play a bit further forward. 

Tantalising.

Id sell Luiz in a heartbeat if somebody offered £70m+ for him. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Remember when Alemany was joining and they said he would have a 'blank chequebook'? 🤣

Completely forgot about the Alemany drama! Glad he never came and we got Monchi!

44 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

We chose Diaby over Brennan Johnson, possibly a mistake looking now

I am a big Brennan Johnson fan and was supportive of us signing him even for a lot of money - sometimes it’s ok to “overpay” slightly for someone playing in this country. Same way I would happily pay a lot for Gibbs-White (who I think is way better than him) even though many on here would say there’s better value in the Bundesliga or wherever. However, contrary to this, I think if you look back five years from now Diaby will be playing at levels way above Johnson. Sorry, distraction from your main point!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

For me, Luiz will be the one to go if we have to sell somebody. I’d love Ramsey to stay. Him and Rogers battling it out on the left would be superb. Throw Baena into the mix and that allows Rogers to play a bit further forward. 

Tantalising.

Id sell Luiz in a heartbeat if somebody offered £70m+ for him. 

Nope - I’d sell Konsa or McGinn over Luiz. Indifferent what happens to Ramsey, don’t want to sell him but also we have shown this season we can cope without him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Nope - I’d sell Konsa or McGinn over Luiz. Indifferent what happens to Ramsey, don’t want to sell him but also we have shown this season we can cope without him. 

Just playing devils advocate but 2 of our best performances in the 2nd half of the season came when Luiz was suspended. Oh and the comeback against Liverpool came after he was substituted.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

I am a big Brennan Johnson fan and was supportive of us signing him even for a lot of money - sometimes it’s ok to “overpay” slightly for someone playing in this country. Same way I would happily pay a lot for Gibbs-White (who I think is way better than him) even though many on here would say there’s better value in the Bundesliga or wherever. However, contrary to this, I think if you look back five years from now Diaby will be playing at levels way above Johnson. Sorry, distraction from your main point!

It's also worth saying - Brennan Johnson 15 goal contributions in 2322 mins, Diaby 14 in 2174. 

If diaby haf the same number and quality of opportunities as Brennan Johnson he'd have scored 4 more goals than him too. 

People complain about diaby not beating his man well Johnson and Diaby attempt take ons at the sane rate but diaby is more successful. Their playmaking volume in the prem is fairly comparable as well. 0.27xA for Diaby to 0.32 for Brennnan. Which is like 1 assist over a full season. Brennan is younger though but diaby is new to the country and in an unfamiliar role. 

• Like 1

Be really nice if the random Semih Kilicsoy link from January turned out to be true. That lad is going to the top, quickly.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, WHY said:

Just playing devils advocate but 2 of our best performances in the 2nd half of the season came when Luiz was suspended. Oh and the comeback against Liverpool came after he was substituted.

And played (as well as being instrumental and often scoring or assisting) in all of our best performances before then…

we have short memories here…

JJ and Dougie deserve a LOT more respect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yeah so would I. Agree with this post.

Konsa hasn't been very good for a while and neither has McGinn at times, just like Luiz, but Luiz is the current whipping boy so lets sell him..... I'm sure we'll hear the argument they've been played out of position but that doesn't matter with Luiz, we can manage without him ffs. Anyway both McGinn and Konsa would fetch around 40 - 50m each at least, which for McGinn at 29 would be a great bit of profit tbh considering he only cost a few kegs of Tennents, few crates of Iron Brew and a some battered Mars bars. 

While we are at it we could sell all our best players including Martinez, we should be able to get around 70-80m at least for him. Throw in Kamara when he's fit and sell him for another 40m. Go the whole hog and let Arsenal have Ollie in a straight swap for Havertz, because he's shit not getting 20 goals. Swap Torres for Maguire at Utd. We could make a right few quid then just start again.

F*** the CL off and play the kids I say. With Ross Barkley coming back we might aswell get Trez, El Ghazi and the whole gang back together. I'm sure Unai could work his magic 😂

• Haha 2

I wonder if one of the names discussed with Chelsea could’ve been Konsa … laandaan lad, versatile and English and would solve alot of their defensive issues. Don’t wanna sell him btw but doing so is pure profit just like Ramsey, Luiz, McGinn, etc 

Â