Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

When you say "sell a couple of first team players", are we talking £20m-ish for the likes of Cash/Carlos etc or £100m-ish for the likes of Martinez/Luiz etc?

Are we basically in a position that if we want to spend say £80m+ on two new players, we need to first bring in £80m+ or could we feasibly be okay to do that by selling a couple of £20m players?

It depends, we have Jacks 100m rolling off at the end of next season. We need to make around 60-80m in terms of profit on player sales I feel. 

1 minute ago, striker said:

CL qualification will mean there will be little to worry about concerning FFP.

In addition there will be several outs with wages off the books such as the loan signings.

I also think Luiz could be sacrificed if needed to bring in better but I’d expect a very busy summer at the Villa if CL is achieved.

Yes yes, and bring Kalvin Phillips right?

Doug will stay and he’s awesome.

• Like 1

I don’t think we need to sell other than those who we don’t want, but we’ll be restricted with who we can get. For me I prefer it that way. I won’t touch the spine of this team yet, we need to see all plus some new players, and know they can challenge in PL and CL (If we made it) at the same time. Let’s see what we can achieve next season. Any drop might be blaming those players leaving (wether that was media or fans). 

I won’t go ahead of myself, but, next season might see a big points deduction for City, which can make the league open, with a bit of a run we could have another but longer title race as well. 

Add to all of that, we probably have the smallest squad among top 8 teams, so we can’t just forget that thing. With a bit of smart moves I think we can build a much bigger and better squad. 

We have a lot of players which we need to see leaving wether by contract ending or selling or whatever. If we were able to shift most of them, then we can look at same sales such as Cash, Dinge or Carlos (I won’t prefer selling as we need bigger squad especially for the last two, but those players can generate good amount of money). 

Sources for ⁧‫#قنوات_الكاس‬⁩ |

‎⁧‫#غابري_فيغا‬⁩ the Saudi ⁧‫#الأهلي‬⁩ player, received several verbal professional offers, most notably from Atletico Madrid in Spain and Aston Villa in England, despite his club’s insistence on remaining with the team next season.

Made a strange move to Saudi at such a young age. Has huge potential though, no idea if source is legit or not.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

‎⁧‫#غابري_فيغا‬⁩ the Saudi ⁧‫#الأهلي‬⁩ player, received several verbal professional offers, most notably from Atletico Madrid in Spain and Aston Villa in England, despite his club’s insistence on remaining with the team next season.

Made a strange move to Saudi at such a young age. Has huge potential though, no idea if source is legit or not.

Who is it?

On 08/02/2024 at 22:02, MWARLEY2 said:

So many questions need to be answered in defence before Sep 1st . 

Do we still want to get Digne off the wage bill despite being our best leftback

Is Moreno going to regain his explosiveness 

Is Mings going to be fit for September and if so will he be as good as he was 

Is Carlos going to be sold on to get his 100k off the books 

Is Sousa going to compete at lb or will he need another loan 

Will Kosta come in and be competitive at rb or will he need a loan. 

Are we selling Cash and if so are we moving Konsa to rb full time meaning we need another centre back ? 

Or do we need a new senior right back. 

The one good thing we have is that all things being equal and fitness withstanding Pau and Konsa would be a decent first choice pairing at a good age. 

Same questions that need answering..

Just now, OhioVilla said:

Varane not going back to Manure. I've always rated him, but he would be an older free.

Made of glass and would want 300k+ p/w.

No thanks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He’s mostly a 10 role. Still only 21, I dread to think what his wages are like in Saudi. Baffling he took the money tbh. 

53 minutes ago, striker said:

CL qualification will mean there will be little to worry about concerning FFP.

In addition there will be several outs with wages off the books such as the loan signings.

I also think Luiz could be sacrificed if needed to bring in better but I’d expect a very busy summer at the Villa if CL is achieved.

If we have to sacrifice either Martinez, Luiz or Watkins then for me it is a no brainer that is has to be Luiz. He's the most replaceable of the three.

If Villa sell:

Olsen, Dendoncker, Hause, Digne, Archer, Chambers surely that helps out immensely with any FFP worries?

If we qualify for CL there is no way we sell Luiz.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s mostly a 10 role. Still only 21, I dread to think what his wages are like in Saudi. Baffling he took the money tbh. 

You'd have to imagine he's now regretting his decision and wants to return to Europe if he's being linked with moves after only 12 months.  He'll need to take a massive pay cut though, as the Saudi team will likely double what they paid for him.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

You'd have to imagine he's now regretting his decision and wants to return to Europe if he's being linked with moves after only 12 months.  He'll need to take a massive pay cut though, as the Saudi team will likely double what they paid for him.

His 3 year deal is allegedly worth 30m euros. If he’s hungry for it, a pay cut is on the cards. He’s a very exciting talent for sure. I do think he’s going back to Spain, but if Unai wants him, I’m all for it. 

10 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Varane not going back to Manure. I've always rated him, but he would be an older free.

9 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Made of glass and would want 300k+ p/w.

No thanks.

and has said he is concerned about heading a football.

not ideal for a defender.

Just now, The_Steve said:

His 3 year deal is allegedly worth 30m euros. If he’s hungry for it, a pay cut is on the cards. He’s a very exciting talent for sure. I do think he’s going back to Spain, but if Unai wants him, I’m all for it. 

He was in La Liga team of the season before he made the move to Saudi, absolutely bizarre decision for his career.  This feels like a Monchi transfer, Emery would turn him into superstar.

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He was in La Liga team of the season before he made the move to Saudi, absolutely bizarre decision for his career.  This feels like a Monchi transfer, Emery would turn him into superstar.

If we signed him it is the calibre of CL players we can bring in. 

13 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If Villa sell:

Olsen, Dendoncker, Hause, Digne, Archer, Chambers surely that helps out immensely with any FFP worries?

If we qualify for CL there is no way we sell Luiz.

Selling Digne is borderline insanity, makes financial sense to pay him for another 2 years than spend 30 million replacing him. He's also really experienced and vital in the CL.

The new Adidas deal may be front loaded and paid within this financial year. That will probably get us close to even.

Any quality we want to bring in will be from sales of the above. 

I'd question the attitude of someone that young and that talented deciding that getting an obscene salary in a toy league is better than just getting a massive salary in basically whatever league he wanted in silverware chasing teams.

• Like 1

Â