Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

58 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

**** we need a good right back

Some people have been saying this for a while.....

2 centre mids and a right back that's all I care about. 

Can't be having just Douglas Luiz, Mcginn, Kamara, Tielemans  for 3 positions it's absolutely ludicrous. 

Letting Donk leave on loan was so so stupid. 

• Like 1

I don't know where to put this do here goes. 

What would be your starting eleven from our current squad if everyone is fit? Mine is:

Martinez, Cash (or new RB - NOT KONSA), Konsa, Torres, Digne, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Bailey, Rogers, Watkins. 

Who do we need to replace in the starting eleven? Not based on tonight - over the whole season? 

I'm suggesting Cash (not sure defensively), Luiz (think we can find as good or better for half we'd sell him for). 

In my opinion, we need:

A new - better - number two GK, new Right Back, back-up DM for Kamara, back-up striker to Watkins, and maybe someone who can play the Luiz role for half the price we'd sell him for? 

2 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

What would be your starting eleven from our current squad if everyone is fit? Mine is:

Martinez, Cash (or new RB - NOT KONSA), Konsa, Torres, Digne, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Bailey, Rogers, Watkins. 

Who do we need to replace in the starting eleven? Not based on tonight - over the whole season? 

I'm suggesting Cash (not sure defensively), Luiz (think we can find as good or better for half we'd sell him for). 

In my opinion, we need:

A new - better - number two GK, new Right Back, back-up DM for Kamara, back-up striker to Watkins, and maybe someone who can play the Luiz role for half the price we'd sell him for? 

Martinez

Konsa, Mings, Torres, Digne 

Kamara, Luiz

Bailey Tielemans, Ramsey

Watkins

Rogers or Mcginn could come in for Ramsey I think. 

Imo though we need to sign a new RB so we can choose whether we want Konsa there. A new LB so we can choose whether we want digne. And 2 more CMs to give Kamara and Luiz rest. 

First priority for me is a DM. We need another Kamara essentially. It's not fair to expect Kamara to play every game in a season, we need an adequate backup/rotation option. 

After that I don't care too much. Maybe a RB. 

• Like 2

Olsen- Sell
Chambers- Sell
Hause- Sell
Carlos- Sell
Digne- Sell
Cash- SellI
Iroegbunam- Sell
Coutinho- Sell
Dendeonker - Sell
Sanson- Sell

Buy- GK, RB, CB, LB, DM, Creative Attacker

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

In my opinion, we need:

As good as Digne has been this year, the thought of him against champions league teams scares me. I think both fullbacks need replacing and cm

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Olsen- Sell
Chambers- Sell
Hause- Sell
Carlos- Sell
Digne- Sell
Cash- SellI
Iroegbunam- Sell
Coutinho- Sell
Dendeonker - Sell
Sanson- Sell

Harsh to sell Tim. Send him on loan or two then see where he’s at. Still only 20.

We aren’t keeping Duran this window. Bloke is desperate to play ball. He can’t spend another season like this, he’ll regress. Likely go out on loan, maybe even to a weaker PL team

8 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

2 centre mids and a right back that's all I care about. 

Can't be having just Douglas Luiz, Mcginn, Kamara, Tielemans  for 3 positions it's absolutely ludicrous. 

Letting Donk leave on loan was so so stupid. 

We have Luiz, Mcginn, Kamara, Tielemans for the two middle positions and Mcginn, Tielemans, Ramsey, Rogers, Buendía/Zaniolo, Bailey, Diaby for the other 3 positions behind Watkins, with a tonne of flexibility there. And the option to play Duran as the second forward (ideally just to chase games) and Moreno and Cash on the wings (ideally just to see out games).

9 starting calibre players (excluding Buendía) for 5 positions with additional cover would be perfectly adequate in normal circumstances and gave Iroegbunam primarily, but also others, a massive opportunity to step up and claim a first team place. Except 5/9 got knocked out by injury, Iroegbunam has been poor every time he's played, Bailey is clearly playing while injured, Diaby has apparently forgotten how to play, and Moreno who can actually be an attacking option on the wing is also out injured. 

Dendonker can't do the job Emery asks of the midfielders, so keeping him around on massive wages just in case we had the catastrophic amount of injury problems we had would have been stupid.

Based on what Heck said about clearing up the not great contracts and the fact that I don't think we'd even be able to compete in the CL next year if our wage to turnover ratio remained the same, it seems like having guys on big wages who were not contributing was one of our biggest issues, and getting Dendonker out helped with that. Him lumbering around might have helped us a bit defensively, but it wouldn't have made up for the gulf in goalkeeping quality, or the lack of cutting edge that's killed us since Martinez and Tielemans went down in the Chelsea game.

9 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Olsen- Sell
Chambers- Sell
Hause- Sell
Carlos- Sell
Digne- Sell
Cash- SellI
Iroegbunam- Sell
Coutinho- Sell
Dendeonker - Sell
Sanson- Sell