Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

We’ll get Archer anyway and not sure if we’ll be able to send him on loan. In that case will we loan Duran and buy/loan another striker with Archer being around? 
lots of questions but let’s worry about it after we hopefully success in our two goals this season (trophy and CL qualification).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Ha ha. I understand the reticence towards Barkley but surely you agree that Ndidi would be a good pick up. He’s still quite young and can play 6/8. The Leicester fans love him. We are so light in centre midfield and with FFP hitting hard, Ndidi on a free has to be given some consideration.

Ndidi is dreadful at this level, he wouldnt be an improvement on Donk or probably even Tim at this stage

• Like 1

Linked again to Benfica DCM Florentino Luis. Been behind Joao Neves in the rotation this season but Neves is supposed to be the next superstar.

• Like 3

On 12/04/2024 at 00:31, VillaChris said:

Really liked watching Haraldsson, he found pockets of space beyond our midfield nicely and on another night could've had a couple of assists.

Only 20 and Lille signed him for around 10m from Copenhagen last summer so guess he's already in 30-40m bracket but would be an interesting one to target I think.

I was impressed by Haraldsson and several of their players to be honest (apart from number 22, he makes Neal Maupay look classy), they were actually a really good side and I would say arguably they looked better than us. Despite the hype around their young centre back Yorro it was the other centre back that caught my eye, it turns out he also regularly plays right back so seemingly that would be a good fit for Emery's system. 

• Like 1

I've always liked Joachim Anderson and he's just put in a sensational performance at Anfield, one of the best I've seen from a CB all season.

Think he has two years left and think he can play both sides so that's the sort of useful signing where we could switch more to a back 3 next season if required.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

I was impressed by Haraldsson and several of their players to be honest (apart from number 22, he makes Neal Maupay look classy), they were actually a really good side and I would say arguably they looked better than us. Despite the hype around their young centre back Yorro it was the other centre back that caught my eye, it turns out he also regularly plays right back so seemingly that would be a good fit for Emery's system. 

Bafodé Diakité. 23 years old.  Judging by statics he's very comfortable on the ball and a great passer as well. Top 10% across the 5 biggest leagues, compared to both fullbacks and center backs. Though he looked very decent playing against us, would fit the right back role perfectly in Emerys system. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Brilliant player. Him and Olise.

Some people wanted to buy them when you could have had both for 35m combined 

45 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Some people wanted to buy them when you could have had both for 35m combined 

Both London boys though, eze in particular actually said he's a south London boy and was only ever going to Palace 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Both London boys though, eze in particular actually said he's a south London boy and was only ever going to Palace 

footballers say all sorts until they get a better offer............. most of the time.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I've always liked Joachim Anderson and he's just put in a sensational performance at Anfield, one of the best I've seen from a CB all season.

Think he has two years left and think he can play both sides so that's the sort of useful signing where we could switch more to a back 3 next season if required.

We tried to sign him before he went to Palace. Very good player. Very good character on the pitch.

Not certain what positions we'll spend big, be interesting to see.

I'm in the minority that I don't mind Konsa+Cash as RB options (plus £9m Nedelkovic!). A CB isn't out of the question with some uncertainty around Mings.

Andersen would be high cost, high quality, minimal risk. Wouldn't hate it.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Both are too good to just be fighting relegation battles. Olise nearly went to Chelsea last summer, mentioned as a Man. United target now.

Eze is a quality player. Just hope he doesn't go somewhere where he warms the bench as that would be a complete waste. West Ham might look to him to replace Paqueta perhaps.

Unless there's a clause, Palace or the likes of Fulham won't be selling their best players to us. 

Even with CL football. 

For the fees we'd have to go to for Anderson, Eze or whatever it would be eyewatering in the extreme and limit what else we could do. 

I *might* look at someone like Zaha at Gala, if Zaniolo goes back and he's not on crazy wages.  Spikey character, but decent end product for most of his time at Palace. 

Edited by HolteExile
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Unless there's a clause, Palace or the likes of Fulham won't be selling their best players to us. 

Even with CL football. 

For the fees we'd have to go to for Anderson, Eze or whatever it would be eyewatering in the extreme and limit what else we could do. 

We're not going to offer stupid money wages that other clubs like Manure do either

Â