Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

35 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Anyone think Doughty from Luton is worth a punt if Digne gets sold in the summer?

still only 24, can whip a mean ball in from the left and one of Luton’s better performers this season. 

No. And we already bought in a left back that will be integrated into the squad in the summer.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

No. And we already bought in a left back that will be integrated into the squad in the summer.

Lino Sousa? I don’t think he’ll be ready for first team football in the premier league next season.

Hasn’t featured for Argyle in their last 3 games and he always thought he was bought for the future, not next season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

With FFP we will NEVER be able to compete with Arse, Ure, Plop, Citeeeh, Chelsk or Spuds. Not sure that is to the benefit of the Prem League tbh.

Nor will Noocastle.

Without FFP , i think Emery would have bought in Jan

Without FFP all of those clubs you mentioned would have spent more money in January than us.  I don't like the way it has been implemented, I don't like how some clubs have been able to bypass the spirit of the rules and I don't think that the way that money from central deals is distributed is right or fair.  But we do need something.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Anyone think Doughty from Luton is worth a punt if Digne gets sold in the summer?

still only 24, can whip a mean ball in from the left and one of Luton’s better performers this season. 

No.  I think there are a lot of left backs who would fit into our system a lot better than him.  I think the relegation fight is probably his ceiling.  I certainly don't think he'd move us closer to Arsenal, City or Liverpool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

With FFP we will NEVER be able to compete with Arse, Ure, Plop, Citeeeh, Chelsk or Spuds. Not sure that is to the benefit of the Prem League tbh.

Nor will Noocastle.

Without FFP , i think Emery would have bought in Jan

Despite FFP we are currently competing with Arse, Plop, Citeh and Spuds, just like the Geordie Sheiks did last season (but not this one😂). I agree that UE would have bought in the last window and would have done so again in the next (given we are already at least a year or two ahead of our most ambitious targets). It would have been far easier for us without FFP, but thanks to UE we are still in the top four and how the greedy six, PL and Sky must hate that! I suspect we will be competing with them all again next season too, because of UE, his staff, the squad he has built and despite FFP. 🤞

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Not for me. They wouldn't sell him on the cheap and with FFP in mind, would flogging Digne work (to save on his wages), if it meant paying through the nose for Doughty? I think I would prefer to keep Digne, if we were able to. 

• Like 1

FFP helps Spuds, Arse etc because of their turnover. We will never get to match them in turnover, so according to you we will never be able to buy the players they can. The only way we can compete is to spend as much as they do, and have a better manager, which we have, and we have rich owners, so we can spend,

Pre Sky, and its money, I would probably agree with you, but not now. Unfortunately, its all about how much money you throw at it

IF we were to sell Dougie for close to £100mill then would say buying Morten Hjulmand or Martín Zubimendi and curve ball Jorginho on a free weaken or strengthen us ? Selling a top quality player isn’t the end of the world if the replacement(s) are of a similar standard. We shouldn’t be afraid to wheel and deal with the infrastructure we now have in place, if it makes us stronger overall. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

We shouldn'thave to though tha

IF Emery wants to, then fine, but we shouldn't be forced to

It is wrong. The rules only befit manchester utd and a select few clubs - im sick of it.

3 hours ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

FFP helps Spuds, Arse etc because of their turnover. We will never get to match them in turnover, so according to you we will never be able to buy the players they can. The only way we can compete is to spend as much as they do, and have a better manager, which we have, and we have rich owners, so we can spend,

Pre Sky, and its money, I would probably agree with you, but not now. Unfortunately, its all about how much money you throw at it

Spuds have no European competition income this season.  Chelsea are looking like they'll miss out for the second season in a row.  They've probably both budgeted to be in either the CL or (at worst) the Europa League.  If Chelsea miss out next season and have any commercial deal waiting to be renewed, they will be hard pushed to justify increasing their asking price and will be more likely to either stay the same or even take a small drop.

5 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I've wanted him here for a good few years but seeing as he is now playing for Forest  Andrew Omobamidele would be perfect cover for Ezri Konsa. Might not be too expensive if Forest need to sell for FFP/PSR.

Your aspirations are so low

https://fbref.com/en/players/88f130ed/scout/365_m1/Jean-Clair-Todibo-Scouting-Report

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 03/03/2024 at 09:08, John said:

Who knows we could have seen Shaw, Little and Withe playing together,

Now that gives me a warm excited feeling on a Monday morning!! Or any morning for that matter!! UTV!!!

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yet you complain every page about our FFP limitations and recommend players we probably can't afford 😂

i complain other people don't understand them, I am clear I would sell a high value player to spend.

• Haha 1

Sander Berge as a rotation option anyone? Been playing decent football in a dreadful Burnley team. Imagine he wouldn't cost the earth when Burnley go down

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Sander Berge as a rotation option anyone? Been playing decent football in a dreadful Burnley team. Imagine he wouldn't cost the earth when Burnley go down

Absolutely not. 

• Like 1

Â