Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Buy better players to improve our record against them? Or sign some of their players?? 

We should be doing that in any case. We don’t need our poor past performances to help us decide what to do. Those of us who have been supporting Villa as long as I have (approx 70 years) know this already. 

40 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

We should be doing that in any case. We don’t need our poor past performances to help us decide what to do. Those of us who have been supporting Villa as long as I have (approx 70 years) know this already. 

‘‘Twas a light hearted follow on to your response to the original post 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

All very interesting but what has this to do with transfers ?

Dont know where else to put it mate but as i said if you READ it all, to make sure we have a team that stops this woeful record against these sides for years to come because it’s sickening.

15 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Dont know where else to put it mate but as i said if you READ it all, to make sure we have a team that stops this woeful record against these sides for years to come because it’s sickening.

We all know we have woeful record full stop. IMO we should look forward by debating ideas on players, tactics etc.. None of us should need reminding of past failings.

Talking of Asian players on the revenue thread...

Would Mitoma at Brighton be a realistic option if we make CL?

He's 26 so a bit older than I thought but took the prem by storm last year. This season been more injury disrupted.

Brighton already got his replacement in Adingra so think they'll cash in this summer.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He's 26 so a bit older than I thought but took the prem by storm last year. This season been more injury disrupted.

Brighton already got his replacement in Adingra so think they'll cash in this summer.

Brighton would want £100m, that’s how they operate . Think we would look for better value out there 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

they will want silly money, so no.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Unai really really wants Nico Williams.

I think it'll happen if we get UCL.

Monchi and Emery will talk him in.

You don’t reckon it becomes a bit bloated with Bailey and Diaby here?

3 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Utd got really lucky with the Fergie appointment. Total miracle appointment.

They got lucky with him and having a chief executive who reported to the board, who wanted to sack him on a number of occasions, that he was changing the whole culture at the club, was changing the whole nature and they had an absolute thunderbust if talent coming through and to trust the process. Martin Edwards was as much to thank for them as Fergie as without him Fergie would have been sacked in around 1990/91.

Fergie was interviewed by a good friend from a local paper of his when at Aberdeen and stated there were only two English sides he'd ever manage, Man United and Aston Villa. Wish I could find that article as used to have it.

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Wolves have a couple we should be interested in signing, that's if we get CL football.

Someone I know who knows someone at Wolves (I know it sounds dodgy, my ex boss, a dingle is in with corporate there, wasn't happy to hear and told me) reckons Neves would be open to join us, happy to stay in the region, is kids at school here etc., we want him but the fee is an issue.

Edited by stewiek2

8 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Someone I know who knows someone at Wolves (I know it sounds dodgy, my ex boss, a dingle is in with corporate there, wasn't happy to hear and told me) reckons Neves would be open to join us, happy to stay in the region, is kids at school here etc., we want him but the fee is an issue.

He's playing in Saudi, a bit of a  has been, no thanks.

Gomes, Cunha, Neto, Hee-Chan, Lemina. Take your pick.

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Unai really really wants Nico Williams.

I think it'll happen if we get UCL.

Monchi and Emery will talk him in.

If we have no or very little FFP room we shouldn't be signing a forward unless one is sold for big money.

TBH I think we need a big sale this summer and depending who comes in with big money will probably determine what what positions we sign this summer.

3 hours ago, PerryBarrPet said:

We all know we have woeful record full stop. IMO we should look forward by debating ideas on players, tactics etc.. None of us should need reminding of past failings.

Its not problematic and just a interesting stat not a big deal, and we jus need to ensure our recruitment is good enough to give us confidence in beating the likes of them moving forward. Were one of the biggest clubs in English history its about time we stamp our mark again and continue with the tradition we once had in the early part of the 20th century.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Mitoma is a little genius. Would take him of course. 

Â