Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

13 hours ago, KMitch said:

Has anyone on VillaTalk met Duran?  Does anyone actually know anything about his attitude? Ever notice how it’s only black players who seem to have bad attitudes and are hard to manage?  

Ross McCormack was black??? That really flew over my head... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm looking forward to seeing what Rogers can do - think he will offer more physicality and maybe release the need for Watkins to drop deep in order to receive the ball. Could alter the shape slightly in a way that will be beneficial. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Having a 10 option might help us break down teams. No pressure on the lad, but it’s clear we need a different option behind Ollie. 

We're really missing Buendia for that.

• Like 3

Just now, duke313 said:

We're really missing Buendia for that.

100%. Miss those incisive passes. He also always seemed to find a goal when you least expect. The creativity he brings is something we miss a lot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

Ross McCormack was black??? That really flew over my head... 

If I remember correctly Danny Drinkwater was a pretty nice guy in practices and Morgan Sanson also loved handing out water bottles when he was subbed during matches

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

If I remember correctly Danny Drinkwater was a pretty nice guy in practices and Morgan Sanson also loved handing out water bottles when he was subbed during matches

Both were black though according to KMitch. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Thing with Buendia was his eye for a great pass, yes, but also his ability to create space for others with his movement. Hope this fella can replicate some of that

Emi is also a physical player. He's not afraid to put it about a bit. Something we lack.

Good to see we negotiated pretty well, according to the ITK tier 1 jouro's 3 bids, two more third bids and then 2 final bids and still didn't taken to the cleaners on the price. 

I think he might end up playing a bigger role this season than many think. 

His ability to be a mobile midfield option or a replacement for Diaby at the 10 position might be the key to breaking us out of the high press that teams have used to stifle us until they get ahead. 

• Like 2

On 30/01/2024 at 08:35, duke313 said:

What makes you think City would have accepted £1.5m from us in the summer?  City took a hit selling him for £1.5m.  A PL team chasing Europe would likely have had to pay more for him than a Championship team with a big sell on clause paid.  

He must be coming down from Middlesbrough on a tram.

Â