Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Excited to see what Unai has seen in him and what he’s going to offer and contribute… strengthens the squad at the very least (some extra help for the rest of the season too, and beyond).

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

So we ‘haggled’ for weeks only to end up at the end of the window paying what they asked for from the beginning  😂

Hope he comes good for us 🙂

They wanted £15m and we pay £10m until he proves he's worth the extra £5m.

Posters who say this baffle me because would be complaining we rolled over too much if we just paid the asking price every time we wanted a player

• Like 4

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

That's inflation over decades and economic conditions... Not really what's happening here after 5 months of football played. 🥴

It kind of is.

Just because inflation and perceived value in football is more volatile than the housing market, the principle is still the same. Supply/demand. A player is worth what a club is willing to pay.

I could list my house for £10m today but that wouldn't make it worth £10m. If someone knocks on the door and offers me £10m then it IS worth £10m.

PS - if that does happen, I'm outta here. Been nice knowing y'all!

• Like 1

I’m guessing he’s going to bring some of what we’ve been missing from little Emi’s absence/injury… boost our chance creation…

Good option from the bench too… someone who can inject some energy and desire into games…

£10m up front is small money! 5 year contract is £2m a year. And I doubt he’s on a bumper contract so all in price should be be huge. 

Let’s hope he hits the ground running but please remember he still really young and never played in the prem before so some patience is required. 

41 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

You beat me to it how dare you 😂😂 I wanted My “Here We Go” moment 😅

Nothing will beat the Ramano 'here we go. Nicolo Zaniolo' announcement last summer. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Â