Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think it bodes well that Fbref have him as left footed and Transfermarkt have him as right footed. So he must be pretty good with both feet you'd hope

Yep he is right footed but almost as good with his left. He will be a target to aim at (not necessarily with high balls) that has the technique to make the ball stick and link up with the willing runners around him.

We could even go full battering ram mode and put Duran up top and him and Zaniolo behind. 

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

15m feels steep.

I hope there is no sell on clause in the deal.

Being reported that it's 15 mill inclusive of add ons etc.

Highly doubt the actual up front figure will be that.

Man City have a sell on clause so that will be a part of why the price is a bit up imo.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

15m feels steep.

I hope there is no sell on clause in the deal.

I doubt any highly rated younger players are sold without some form of sell on clause these days.

I had a feeling it would be, £15m looked a decent offer, but a lot of that is probably add-ons, they probably want a bigger fee upfront.

I don't think it will be a case of them wanting more than £15m, but them wanting more of that £15m upfront, as part of the initial fee.

Which I think good chance will get resolved before the window closes

• Like 1

They probably don't want more than fifteen million, that fifteen million included add-ons, for all we know we could have offered thems something like £7m, with the rest being add-ons.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

They probably don't want more than fifteen million, that fifteen million included add-ons, for all we know we could have offered thems something like £7m, with the rest being add-ons.

Surely add-on suits them better as it means less fee to Man City?

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Indeed. Looks like we offered £7.5M upfront (then another £7.5M in add-ons).

Srtandard negotiation to be honest: Couple of low ball offers no where near their valuation, then an overall offer that meets their valuation but with low uopfornt fee. Final offer will be same vale as the third one but prob around £10-£12M upfront and deal gets done. I'm still pretty confident this will happen. Monchi doing what Monchi does 🙂

• Like 1

Not if those add-ons aren't guaranteed, whatever they are they probably aren't going to be easy to reach, they will be things like him getting England cap, hitting a certain amount of appearances for us, and so on.

Of course hopefully if he does sign he does reach such milestones, and if he does do we will be happy to pay extra because he will have been more than worth it, but from MIddlesbrough's point of view, they can't leave it to chance that he will reach those targets, so will want as much as the £15m upfront as possible.

As I said they might not even be asking for something crazy, could just be that they want around £10m initially, with the rest being add-ons.

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Surely add-on suits them better as it means less fee to Man City?

I daresay Man city get a share of everything so it really doesn't matter.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Just for shits and giggles, how about we don't get Rogers and Duran leaves without us finding a replacement...

Wouldn't be the end of the world, play Zaniolo up front and give someone like Kellyman more gametime off the bench.

Â