Pongo Waring

he doesnt even have a page on transfermarkt, which is rare for a professional footballer!?

i cant actually see anything about him as a footballer, other than 1 or two articles that he's a goalkeeper, nothing about his development, playing career so far etc?

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear of him again and he's just here for the experience type thing.

That said I think it's possible we might loan out Marschall and Wright this month, with Zych already out on loan, that would leave us with just U18 goalkeepers, Proctor will probably play most U21 games from now on anyway, but we might want an older keeper as a stop gap option, we also had a keeper on trial from Bury, so I think we've been looking at options.

Edited by useless

Apparently his last club was CD Roda B team who play in the Valencian league

Probably a case of we need a back up keeper and most of the others are on loan

U21 goalkepers
Oliwer Zych (Out on loan)
James Wright
Filip Marschall
U18
Sam Proctor
Alex Hammond
Sam Lewis
U16
Rhys Oakley (already played for our U18s)

All those are youth internationals, if we let Zych, Marscahall, and Wright go out on loan, that leaves Proctor, Hammond, Lewis, and Oakley to cover the U18s and 21s between them, Proctor is seemingly very highly rated so we probably want him to get the U21 experience anyway, but I think it's possible we bring in more older goalkeeper as a stopgap

• Thanks 1

Interesting, In the El Maestro book about unai Emery, it goes in depth about the Emery families connection to their hometown club and how goalkeeping was their position. However unai then broke out and decided to play as a winger….the book is a good read and tells you a lot about his philosophy and ways of management/influences, it covers up to the point he gets appointed as the arsenal manager 

• Like 1

Given how Emery not wanting to be away from his son contributed to him not going to Newcastle, this might be part of Villa’s plan to keep Unai as happy as possible. In that case I’m all for a 5 year contract for the lad.

Edited by DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth
  • Like 4

Â