Pongo Waring

6 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Given how Emery not wanting to be away from his son contributed to him not going to Newcastle, this might be part of Villa’s plan to keep Unai as happy as possible. In that case I’m all for a 5 year contract for the lad.

This is the Chukwuemeka deal all over again 🫣

11 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Given how Emery not wanting to be away from his son contributed to him not going to Newcastle, this might be part of Villa’s plan to keep Unai as happy as possible. In that case I’m all for a 5 year contract for the lad.

15 year

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The main reason Emery turned down Newcastle was because he wanted to be closer to his son as he said he had missed alot of time with him.

Now his son plays for villa.

This means one thing, Don Unai is never leaving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm actually surprised he's at Villa if it's clearly nepotism. Fair to say it definitely definitely looks Iike it.

Quite un-Unai.

Whatever. Build him a smaller statue right next to the main man's one.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm actually surprised he's at Villa if it's clearly nepotism. Fair to say it definitely definitely looks Iike it.

Quite un-Unai.

Everyone has a weak point.

His son can play back there, watch the game, and be a coaching legend like his old man. There is always an extra coaching spot that doesn't do much that allows someone to make a living (he can hold the iPad and point out to subs where they should run).

If I lived a manager's life and could have my son in the same building working with me? There is lots of money in this world, it is time that is in short supply.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Quite un-Unai.

maybe he is just here for some development and experience, who knows.

does anyone actually know how good he is?

We usually rotate our U21 goalkeepers from game to game, which are James Wright, Filip Marschall, Viljami Sinisalo, and Oliwier Zych, but three of those are out on loan at the moment, so I think we just brought in a stop-gap goalkeeper for that reason, without him, James Wright would be our only available U21 goalkeeper

There's also Sam Proctor, who has proven he can play at U21 level and very well, and has also been part of the first team squad this sason, but have to remember with him he's only recently turned seventeen, and has had a few injuries, so his game time probably being managed

I don't think he's even contracted to the club, wouldn't surprise me if we've just agreed to give him some experience and help with his development ahead of a move to Real Union next season, we're going to be getting a lot of advantages from the partnerships with other 'V Sports' clubs, taking their best players, them giving our prospects loan time and so on, only fair that we also help them in similar ways when possible,

He's only played four games, and to be fair doesn't look that bad at all from what I've seen, decent shot-stopper and has good distribution

Â