New YearsFootball 1/2 January

andykeenan

Just now, Pinebro said:

Such against the run of play that

I mean, yeah if you're blinked to the 20 seconds before that goal. Considering the previous 73 minutes, not so much

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’ll have a mad purple patch I’m sure when it finally slots into place. A bad player does not have this many chances.

He's scored 5 prem goals all season. A purple patch in late part of the season would probably only take him up to 15 at most.

Liverpool are going to need plenty more than that to challenge to win prem and CL when Salah leaves as he scores 35-40 each season.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

He's scored 5 prem goals all season. A purple patch in late part of the season would probably only take him up to 15 at most.

Yeah, but if he scores 10 in 10/12 for example then it’s a really good purple patch. 

3-1

Newcastle will turn up at VP having lost their last 5 away prem games this season then, they only have 5 away points all season.

Howe losing to Sunderland could be a real tipping point of his reign as they have Man. City a week later so this is the unknown factor of their ownership as basically it's all gone very well up to now. 

They'll have a decision to make at the end of the month I think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I'm asthmatic, the difference would be incredibly marginal - like, ridiculously so.  You'd have to be taking a ridiculous amount (which would likely lead to other health problems rather than a significant sprint advantage).

In a game of football, taking an inhaler would do **** all unless you're actually asthmatic.

I assume that some footballers, just based on statistical averages are asthmatic, and that in those cases the use of inhalers is fair enough? Only a guess there, but seems reasonable.

My asthma didn't show until my mid 20s. By that time players may be worth tens of millions of pounds. No way would (or should) asthma get in the way of that kind of investment.

10 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

They relax your respiratory muscles allowing you to get more oxygen to your blood and consequently your muscles. (Albuterol is a beta-agonist and not a steroid inhaler)

don't come in here with your science mumbo jumbo

• Like 1

Just now, villan95 said:

Dubravka on the floor very early there

what should he do from that position? It's basically a free shot for Gakpo there

Â