New Year 2023/24

sidcow

That must be the least I’ve drank on NYE in 20 years, in an all inclusive hotel in Egypt for some winter sun same as last year but spent the evening in our room instead of the shitty party.

Great start to 2024, happy new year VT.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I tried to stay up for the UK new year but I always fail. I stood on the balcony watching all the Sofia fireworks and opened a can of beer, looked at it and decided I was too full and bloated to continue so I chucked it down the sink. 

Successful meal choice this year though. Which involved a raid on Lidls hams and cheeses section and some crusty bread. Homemade egg mayo done as well. Horrendously sulphurous farts this morning. You can almost bite the scent.

Should’ve saved yourself the walk and chucked it off the balcony

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Was in bed for 9.30 due to COVID, we arent big on celebrating new year anyway. 

We went to a local curry place, nice early 5.30pm booking so as to be home before the rush.

Oh dear...

Firstly, they hadn't received the online booking (they said) so we had to sit in someone elses booked table and wait for two women to leave so we could sit there.

Boy, did they yack, and left half-platefuls of food.

So we swapped seats and had starter, then a party of THIRTEEN turned up, twelve sets set next to us, they stuck the extra woman on the end with her chair virtually on our table, and me now blocked in.

To make it worse it smelt like she had had a bath in perfume, the whole room reeked and I was feeling nauseous. Wife was feeling claustrophobic.

Don't forget the procession if imbeciles coming in to collect orders instead of paying two **** quid for delivery. Either hanging around directly behind us or in and out the bloody door constantly.

I told the waiter to box the rest of our meal up and we **** off, home for 6.30pm.

Strangely the owner apologised and said "in about three hours there are no bookings, it'll be empty".

Oh well:crylaugh:

• Like 1

2024? Might be DJing in Tenerife again, might be going to court because of the ex, might be taking a young lady out that looks like Naomi Campbell after last night.

Swings, roundabouts, prison and poss for me I guess :D 

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

2024? Might be DJing in Tenerife again, might be going to court because of the ex, might be taking a young lady out that looks like Naomi Campbell after last night.

Far too stressful existence! My biggest decision is do I use Lynx Africa or Java. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Did she get a makeover last night?

12 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

spacer.png

NYE at some friends’ house.   A lot of you may recognize the chap in the glasses, or at least a younger version of him.

Hide contents

Simon from the kids’ TV due Trevor and Simon

One of the hosts grew up near Highbury and is obviously an Arsenal supporter, as is the middle guy in the photo.  The other host and her brother (mystery man in the photo) are lifelong Man City supporters, and one of their neighbors is from Liverpool.   We all had a toast to Man United’s continued struggles.

Did you swing your pants at midnight?!? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Did she get a makeover last night?

Haha she already looked like Naomi Campbell, I wasn't there watching Gok Wan spruce her up :D 

6 hours ago, il_serpente said:

spacer.png

NYE at some friends’ house.   A lot of you may recognize the chap in the glasses, or at least a younger version of him.

Hide contents

One of the hosts grew up near Highbury and is obviously an Arsenal supporter, as is the middle guy in the photo.  The other host and her brother (mystery man in the photo) are lifelong Man City supporters, and one of their neighbors is from Liverpool.   We all had a toast to Man United’s continued struggles.

Wait, so you're not in the picture?

Definitely can see Simon there. Loved them as a kid.

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Wait, so you're not in the picture?

Definitely can see Simon there. Loved them as a kid.

I’m the clown on the right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, il_serpente said:

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

Did Andrew Lloyd Webber bust out the hits?

• Like 2