VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

I believe it was missed on here, but actor Michael Jayston died earlier this month, aged 88.

Among other things, he played Raquel’s father in the original final episode of Only Fools…but I dare say some will remember him for playing Peter Guillam in the tv series of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (for those who have only seen the more recent film, Benedict Cumberbatch played the role).

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pamela Salem, who is best known for appearing in James Bond film Never Say Never Again, has died aged 80

17 hours ago, Tegis said:

Unofficial Miss Moneypenny - Pamela Salem 80

17 hours late @Genie

spacer.png

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Stan Bowles, QPR legend gone at 74

Do you remember the Holte giving him banter in the league cup semi-final regarding his wife leaving him?

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

A footballer so good an indie landfill band would release a song named in his honour some 25 years after he retired. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I believe it was missed on here, but actor Michael Jayston died earlier this month, aged 88.

Among other things, he played Raquel’s father in the original final episode of Only Fools…but I dare say some will remember him for playing Peter Guillam in the tv series of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (for those who have only seen the more recent film, Benedict Cumberbatch played the role).

He had a great voice.  

He did audio excerpts for Saint Etienne on their album Finisterre. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Where’s your wife gone, where’s your wife gone, where’s your wife gone Stanley Bowles? 

in all fairness to him, he turned to the Holte end and shrugged his shoulders and was met with the following chorus..

with the milkman with the milkman with the milkman Stanley Bowles 

RIP 

Oh yes, I was on a packed Holte End that night, I was 19 years old and it was a great game and a fantastic atmosphere, one of those games I will never forget.

It was a great song and Stan did take it well. RIP a super player for QPR

I recall that they had to shut the gates to the Holte that night as it was full

3 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Oh yes, I was on a packed Holte End that night, I was 19 years old and it was a great game and a fantastic atmosphere, one of those games I will never forget.

It was a great song and Stan did take it well. RIP a super player for QPR

I recall that they had to shut the gates to the Holte that night as it was full

Same as Sunderland a couple of years earlier. 
But yes, back on topic, he was immense for QPR proper club legend

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Nothing confirmed, other than Villa Facebook and Twitter pages, but lots of people saying Chris Nicholl has passed away. 😔

Andy Gray's lad Jamie has tweeted it so sadly think it's true. HEITS 😥💜💙

• Sad 3

Â