VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

He’d been living with dementia for a while and had to live in an assisted living home for a while.

Theres a documentary out there where he blames the dementia on heading so many balls and admits that he just can’t remember where he is half the time. So horrible

Such a shame. HEITS

He was one of the Villa old stars (him and McNaught) when my youngest was mascot a few years ago (the day the gaffer died oddly enough) my lad had no Idea who he was but was like a role reversal, I became the kid so excited 😆 He told me to slow down and not to shout 🤣🤣

• Like 2

Before my time but he is just one of those players that surely every Villa fan should know of and I'd imagine most of us have seen that league cup final goal. 

The last few years must have been horrible for both him and his family and hopefully they have found peace now. RIP Chris. Villa legend and now HEITS.

• Like 2

I think Villans of a certain vintage, or with a Dad, or Grandad,  or Uncles,  or cousins etc of that vintage, will know about Chris Nicholl's goal in the 77 League Cup Final. It used to get further away from the goal, everytime I got told about it.

Very sad news that he's passed away. As mentioned, he battled with dementia later in his llife. Would have been very difficult for his loved ones. 

A Villa legend, and mentioned in most conversation about all time XIs. 

Rest easy. HEITS 😔

• Like 2

Two legends of the 1977 league cup semi final 2 legs and the replay at Highbury, both gone at the same time. 

Hopefully they are swapping stories wherever they are.

Thanks Chris and Stan, two legends of the game, RIP lads.

Condolences to their families

• Like 1

A pivotal player in our rise from the old third division to the top division. Damn, one of my heroes gone. Thanks for all you did for us big Chris. RIP.

Edited by meregreen
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, meregreen said:

A pivotal player in our rise from the old third division to the top division. Damn, one of my heroes gone. Thanks for all you did for us big Chris. RIP.

Very much the same reaction from me when I heard the news as when the gaffer died. I did not know either of them but are embedded in my mind like a close family member. Don’t mind admitting I had a little cry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaJ100 said:

Fashion designer Iris Apfel, 102 

Never heard of her, but that's a good innings. 

• Like 1

Â