VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

**** no!!! Oh **** hell, I had him but hoped it wasnt going to be the case. **** devestated

Only just realised he takes a guest lead vocal on The Beach Boys 1996 LP "Stars and Stripes Vol 1".

I don't actually own that as it has never been released on vinyl (and apparently it's not very good, hence no Volume 2)

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

The singer Mojo Nixon has died. 

He'd obviously collected enough Slack to be able to meet Bob Dobbs or he’s gone off to meet the Xists

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Damo Suzuki, lead singer of German band Can, 74.

Saw him twice, playing with Mugstar in Liverpool both times. At least one of those has been released as an album but I have a feeling the earlier one at the now defunct Kazimer was too and they were only the support band that night (to Wooden Shjips… maybe). First time it was only when I got into the venue I realised he was on, second time he was obviously who I went to see.

Ege Bamyasi, Tago Mago and Future Days are the three definitive Can albums, never the same without him

• Like 1

A couple of days late, but Seiji Ozawa, long time conductor of the Boston Symphony and probably the first Asian to be given a job conducting such a high profile orchestra.  Also turned heads with his unkempt mop of hair, animated conducting style and non-traditional dress.

• Sad 1

Steve Wright was brilliant back in the day. Gutted about the news. Was hoping he would join GHR. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

Steve Wright was brilliant back in the day. Gutted about the news. Was hoping he would join GHR. 

Jeez i'm shocked, 69 that's no bloody age

He was Iconic at the time with his characters on the afternoon show. Mr Angry and Sid the Manager to name just a couple.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Did not see that one coming! 

he was great back in the day to be fair 

“Uzi nine millimeeetorrrrr”

• Like 3

Wright also exited his Range Rover in the most ungraceful way ever. A photo that will never not be funny to me. 

article-0-05-E43805000005-DC-99-468x399.

• Like 1

Afternoon entertainment round my mates while on the dole and saw him a few times doing roadshow and events at clubs in Brum. Another piece of my child/teen hood has gone. Thanks for the laughs Wrighty

• Like 4

Â