Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

There are a couple of tiers even within Elite at adidas (speaking only about clubs).

You have the absolute God-tier - Bayern, Madrid, Juve, Arsenal, Man Utd - and then the broader group which will include Villa, Newcastle, Lyon, Miami, Boca, Celtic, Roma etc

All of the above teams will have Authentic/Pro shirts that are also available to the public. There will also be standard replica shirts. I'm unsure whether "stadium" shirts will be made available for club teams and if so which ones. These are 80% lookalike of the proper shirts but noticeably different and markedly cheaper.

The clubs below this level (like Leeds) will get "replica" shirts for the team and the fans.

Drop down a level again and it'll be teamwear badged, sponsored and given for free to the clubs.

Down another level and it's as above but offered at a discounted price rather than free, and sometimes could be managed by a licensee rather than the brand. I don't know if adidas operates the licensee model like some other brands, though.

This will come as a shock to Leeds fans I imagine

• Haha 1

Apropos of nothing at all, I noticed that Adidas isn't capitalised on any of the club announcement information, instead referred to only in lower case as "adidas".

Is that a thing for them?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Apropos of nothing at all, I noticed that Adidas isn't capitalised on any of the club announcement information, instead referred to only in lower case as "adidas".

Is that a thing for them?

That's the way their in house style of the brand name, has been for decades.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

there's nothing stopping the club doing that under their own brand

That's one thing Villa could do so much better at. A lot of the non kit supplier clothing could be so much better. It often just looks a bit cheap and tacky, without being particularly cheap.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

If it’s anything like this, I’ll be delighted:

spacer.png

Looks like they've just sewn a shield crest over a round badge.... so perfect! 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, El Segundo said:

I predict the shorts will have massive padded arses 

You’re not far off with that btw. Not the padded arse but who it refers to

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

That's one thing Villa could do so much better at. A lot of the non kit supplier clothing could be so much better. It often just looks a bit cheap and tacky, without being particularly cheap.

That was one of the things I was working on before I left OUFC - most footy memorabilia and apparel is just pure cheap tat. We were looking to tap into the affluent student market with a range of cashmere items with a subtle OX logo, polos, rugby shirts etc and the market research I did showed there was this huge untapped market for subtly branded high quality items. But they didn’t carry it forward after I left. Just go onto Etsy and you’ll find a huge range of classy Villa products and clothing we should be selling as a club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

So a tartan shirt … 🤔

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Take it you mean McGinn? Heard this a couple of times, guessing it's similar to a Scotland kit?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mole86 said:

If there’s a Scottish theme to one of the kits surely it will be related to William McGregor rather than McGinn

It’s actually Alan Hutton

• Haha 1

Â