Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

17 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

avfc-min.jpg

Say what you like about the round badge debacle, but the lion does look far more rampant that this pathetic tweak of the Lerner neutered one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Say what you like about the round badge debacle, but the lion does look far more rampant that this pathetic tweak of the Lerner neutered one.

Damning with faint praise. They're both shite insignia designs tbh 😅

35 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

avfc-min.jpg

Lion has a gangly leg, just seems to hang there….I can’t seem to look away from it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

avfc-min.jpg

Oh not that horrible defanged, declawed lion… the first Lerner one and the worst of the lot.

but looks great otherwise… I dunno if we’ll use a standalone lion on any of the kits though.

This just needs the proper lion on it.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh not that horrible defanged, declawed lion… the first Lerner one and the worst of the lot.

but looks great otherwise… I dunno if we’ll use a standalone lion on any of the kits though.

This just needs the proper lion on it.

spacer.png

I just googled a claret villa lion. The above would look better if you could make it claret. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mrchnry said:

I just googled a claret villa lion. The above would look better if you could make it claret. 

Wow.  It's a bad sign that it gave you the original Lerner one and that is still associated with us. Surely we should be getting on to Google and getting rid of all other villa lions from their algorithm if we want everything on brand Mr. Heck

Edited by MrBlack

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

In general, how does everyone feel about the remakes of the 82 away kit? 

overdone, or just our default away kit? 

both, overdone and the default, its safe and id say that with us almost definitely getting a 3rd kit thats where they can go wild (which i dont disagree with)

my opinion of it general though is that we have better ones that deserve to be redone 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

both, overdone and the default, its safe and id say that with us almost definitely getting a 3rd kit thats where they can go wild (which i dont disagree with)

my opinion of it general though is that we have better ones that deserve to be redone 

This where I sit too.. I feel it’s over done, but yet I don’t mind it (or a white kit) being a “default” away kit. it’s simple it’s clean and it has a lot of memberberries for our older fans. I’m too young to remember, so my nostalgia is limited. But I appreciate the design. 

but yess we have some classic away kits that could be reimagined. The 83-84 away has been teased a lot for the last few years.  So who knows 

Posted (edited)

I'm suprised we've only done one remake of the 1981-83 home kit, in 2013.

It's nicer than I remembered too, just ruined by the Macron men. And the sponsor. And the collars a bit odd. 

Fabian_Delph_2906021b.jpg

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm suprised we've only done one remake of the 1981-83 home kit, in 2013.

It's nicer than I remembered too, just ruined by the Macron men. And the sponsor. And the collars a bit odd. 

Fabian_Delph_2906021b.jpg

The Macron x dafabet colab that no one wanted for an iconic kit remake 

• Like 2

On 02/05/2024 at 22:52, CarryOnVilla said:

In general, how does everyone feel about the remakes of the 82 away kit? 

overdone, or just our default away kit? 

Every year as far as I'm concerned!

Away should always be white, with claret and light blue trim, shorts/socks as a reverse to home strip.  Mix n match as required.  Pin stripes now and again.

If this were the case we would rarely need a third kit, as we could go fully dark claret against say spurs, or fully white v say liverpool, occasional striped shirts clashes, mix n match all three options, or wear the "made for the youngsters to wear on the streets" hideous third kit that satisfies $ and for those who don't get our history and colours - but NEVER mid or dark blue!

• Like 1

Â