Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

These are not hideous, I almost don't care about the badge anymore but that ugly AU50 thing is awful.

I doubt it will be in that position. I can't think of a single other instance of a PL team having a commemorative logo in that position or that prominently, so I assume it's not allowed.

10 minutes ago, spiezels said:

At least you could read the AVFC at a distance, now you cant see the lion OR the name.

LOL

This is a great point, it's another thing where bad design upon bad design has hurt our branding.

I'd prefer the full name of Aston Villa on the badge but it has to be more recognisable, not just a washed out yellow on sky blue blur

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I doubt it will be in that position. I can't think of a single other instance of a PL team having a commemorative logo in that position or that prominently, so I assume it's not allowed.

City had summat there on theirs at the weekend I think

56 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I don’t think the badges are that bad & im still surprised by the vitriol in the reactions. Hard to tell what the supporter’s opinion of it is, this thread makes it seem quite negative, but for the most part, this thread is the same handful of people posting over and over 

I've never posted on here so not one of the same handful.  that badge isn't great.  Round badge for me all day.  That said it's all opinions.  I suspect if you had another poll you'd get reasonably even split between shield design or round badge.  not keeping me awake at night.

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

These are not hideous, I almost don't care about the badge anymore but that ugly AU50 thing is awful.

An eyesore… thought it was going on the back anyway, lower neck or between shoulders.

1 hour ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I don’t think the badges are that bad & im still surprised by the vitriol in the reactions. Hard to tell what the supporter’s opinion of it is, this thread makes it seem quite negative, but for the most part, this thread is the same handful of people posting over and over 

It's simple really. You can't announce in 2022 there will be a new badge for a new era, do a big consultation on it, have fans vote on it, announce which option won and then bin it immediately  unless your Plan B is truly something special and the plan B most definitely not something special.

It doesn't sit right and it is almost like being trolled by the club.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Oh cry me a river … yep that’s exactly what they’re doing @Captain_Townsend the badge, cancelling your new north stand all to troll 😆 it’s amusing how grown people can get so het up in our best season for years over a bloody badge … the round badge is shit and the new one isn’t better - we’ve had shit badges for years - it’s not as if they’ve replaced a masterpiece is it. But please can you regurgitate the same thing over and over every day as I’m not sure the club have taken notice yet 

It's a discussion forum @thabucks. I manage to be civil to you it's a pity you have to go in studs up each time, singling me out in particular when I am far from the only one concerned about core elements of the club's heritage.

Somebody posed a comment and I responded I think that's allowed last time I checked the rules. 

And if you check every other thread here you will see I am about as positive as it is possible to be about the manager, the team and all our players. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

It’s just being every thread the incessant many about something that cannot be changed. The constant regurgitation. 

Anyhow back to kits I do hope we go all out and don’t play it safe this season. A deep all claret shirt, a classic away and daring 3rd kit. Can also see the fashion range being a mix of modern and adidas classic with the trefoil.  

The website will be replaced as it will no longer come under Fanatics I presume and its offerings growing exponentially. Too much tat currently. If you’re paying top dollar for a ticket you’re not gunna buy the shit in the shop presently. 

3 hours ago, Risso said:

This appeared on Reddit last night, apparently found in a Turkish market. Obviously the spponsor is wrong. I hope to god that's just a guess by somebody, and not what the actual kit is going to look like, because it's terrible.

Homersimpson Car GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Risso said:

This appeared on Reddit last night, apparently found in a Turkish market. Obviously the spponsor is wrong. I hope to god that's just a guess by somebody, and not what the actual kit is going to look like, because it's terrible.

That is all kinds of shit.

Just read Newcastle will be one of adidas’ elite teams so will get bespoke kits and the trefoil. Surely if they are then we will given Sawiris’ involvement as investor… we’re gunna smash all records I feel in terms of shirt sales next season despite what some think of the badge & betting sponsor. 

• Like 1

I always dreamed of a trefoil Adidas Villa shirt, from way back in the 80s.
If they make one, I will buy... several,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Same. The AV 150 anniversary logo is a bit obnoxious in size.

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

Looks nice to me

Feels a bit meh to me. I'm expecting something with a bit more about it, although not sure if I'll like it more than I would like the above.

They always look better in person anyway. Be nice if we got some early news on it this season for a change although I guess unlikely with all the change going on in the sponsor and badge departments. 

11 hours ago, Risso said:

Not real unless it's photographed on a pallet

Â