maqroll

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The proverbial 'must win'. Although if we wanna stay at least top 4, every game is must win till the end of the season.

That's just false. That implies winning every game left and finishing on 101pts

4 hours ago, MSvillain said:

Bailey is ready to go apparently 

It's nice Bailey is recovering so quick from these muscle injuries. In his first season his hamstring was going and we weren't seeing him again for another 2-3 months.

Brilliant we're now seeing the Leon that was at Leverkusen and given they were regularly around the top 4 he senses the same opportunity is here so is desperate to be part of things and make it happen.

I'd keep him on the bench though. Ramsey I think is ready for a prem start and Diaby has had three games on the bench so hopefully he can get his performance back up to what he was showing in August and September. Or perhaps Zaniolo will start another away game after his first goal, UE does like starting him in away games.

Smart money would be Bailey then starting v Sheffield United and then hopefully at Old Trafford.

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Correct did you hear me? Also, have you watched the first reacher series 2 yet?

No didn’t hear, sorry 😔 

As for Reacher, saving it for a Christmas binge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Feels like Brentford is still our bogey club. With the exertions of the previous two league games, the European game midweek and the absence of Luiz, I’m really not looking forward to this one.

I don't believe there is such a thing.....Coventry used to say that about us, until they got a better team and turned us over at Villa Park.

However, I do recognise that certain teams Like Wolves, Bournemouth, Forest, Brentford, and now the new Everton under Dyche, pose us a threat of dropping points.

For me, there is a correlation....many will probably disagree, but I feel we could be better served in a squad, with SOME players, who have an appetite for their type of approach.....Today, we need to show intensity and urgency, to overcome them, a passive performance and we will drop points.

We can mix it with any team, that wants to play, or fancies their chances of a game......When our quality, is feared,by lesser teams, they close us down and stifle that quality....and we go flat.

I am not dismissing the rigours of European football, but a few more players, with the tenacity, passion and engagement of McGinn would help imo....players who go after opponents, not just wait for them.

I think we need to look at our away form, when contemplating the Jan Window.....To sustain the great start we have had.

• Like 2

On 15/12/2023 at 20:01, VillaChris said:

Have we ever won down there in living memory?

All three championship games were defeats and since they came up we took the lead and still lost under Slippy. Then last season we had to battle for a 1-1 with late Doug goal and that was a huge point in the end.

This is our best chance by a long way. No Toney, no Mbuemo and not sure if Mathias Jensen is still out but he's a decent goal threat from midfield.

I think there's a decent chance we keep our first away clean sheet since September and get a pretty rare regulation away win. I'll go for 0-2 and an early goal in our favour for once on the road.

That for me, will be key.

Yeah important we don't concede early again (or at all ideally) in an away game and give them anything to hold on to. I know we are without Dougie and Digne but they are without far more. So really need to be winning this to be looking like we are the real deal for a top 4 place.

• Like 1

I've just seen the players they have missing: Henry, Ajer and Hickey from their defence, Jensen and Dasilva from their midfield, Schade, Mbeumo and Toney from their attack. If fit most of those players start I'd say. I know we have players missing too but not to the same extent and we have a better squad than them. We just need Bailey and Tielemans to make it because they are doubts.

Got to be targeting the three points here with those players missing, as long as we shut down Wissa and don't do anything stupid defensively we should be able to get the win here. We really need to given Newcastle and Spurs both won this weekend. 

• Like 1