maqroll

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Dude it was the reserve team FFS. Calm down.

Im so relaxed dude 😂😂😂

I even said we will have our main players back so i expect improvement. But my original piint is true play anywhere near that level and brentford will killl us

At home this season they're 3 wins 3 draws, 2 losses.

Away we're 3 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses.

We've played three of the top seven teams, they've played two (loss against Arsenal and draw with spurs).

So pretty similar and they're missing a lot of key players. Think we win this but doubt it'll be one to watch again.

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Brentford aren't battering anyone anytime soon.

I am afraid you are right we won’t have anywhere near a competitive starting line up untill February.I doubt if Toney will now be sold in January.Villa will be odds on by KO Sunday with the bookies and they are a good barometer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

I am afraid you are right we won’t have anywhere near a competitive starting line up untill February.I doubt if Toney will now be sold in January.Villa will be odds on by KO Sunday with the bookies and they are a good barometer.

Toney needs tl stay, at least till the end of the season, you have properly looked after him during his ban, he owes you.

We've struggled at their new ground like we used to struggle at the old Griffin Park in the Championship days, would be nice to finally win there on Sunday.

PL teams at home won't do it and Brentford with Frank in charge certainly aren't about this at all but I think opposition teams would have more joy against us if they sat back with a low block and looked to hit us on the counter like Forest and Mostar twice rather than coming at us and playing into the hands of the famous offside trap.

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Toney needs tl stay, at least till the end of the season, you have properly looked after him during his ban, he owes you.

People of his character don’t think like that,he’s been fawning over Arsenal for the last 6 months was hoping he would be gone with a nice wedge of money coming our way in January but expect with our injury problems that won’t happen.

Won't be easy, and one hopes we can remain fluid without Luiz in there, but has the feel of a fairly ordinary 1-0 type game. Which I would take. Backing up the wins over City and Arsenal is really important so I think we'll be quite aggressive early on. 

• Like 1

On 13/12/2023 at 13:15, TRO said:

Every team will be "rocking themselves up" to beat us, after taking 2 top scalps.

The warning signs will be levelled by their coaches...."if you're not on it, they will blow you away"

We have to be ready, away from home, to play some "containing football"....and weather the physical onslaught and partisan crowds.

And let's have it right, just like Bournemouth, we've never looked overly comfortable playing Brentford away. A draw wouldn't surprise me in the least. Really hope I'm wrong, nothing helps the weekend like 3 points. 

Come on me Babbys!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

And let's have it right, just like Bournemouth, we've never looked overly comfortable playing Brentford away. A draw wouldn't surprise me in the least. Really hope I'm wrong, nothing helps the weekend like 3 points. 

Come on me Babbys!

you are right Sheepy.

I think we can more or less predict, what teams will pose us difficulties....Brentford pretty well have an identity, of being physical.

I don't want us to change our style,far from it....but I would like to see, maybe an addition to come in to the squad, whoc could help us with those type of teams.

We saw the difference how a motivated John McGinn effected us last night, but he can't do it every game on his own, he needs some help with it.....I would still like to see a durable midfielder come in with the obvious talent to Boot.

Our team now, cannot function without fleet footed footballers,now,  so to find one with steel too, is hard, I know....but I think we need one more...a Gareth Barry type.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

This won’t be easy but Brentford will be missing a lot of quality on Sunday, as definitely out for them will be (Toney, Mbeumo, Schade, Henry, Hickey, Ajer,) and possibly still out (Collins, Jensen and Dasilva).  So I think we have a real opportunity here.

Martinez

Konsa      Carlos       Pau       Moreno

Kamara     Tielemans                

Bailey                                  McGinn

Diaby        Watkins            

Subs:  Marschall, Cash, Lenglet, Chambers, Dendoncker, Ramsey, Zaniolo, O’Reilly, Duran 

I’m going with an away win but perhaps a tight 1-2 win.  UTV

or

Martinez

Cash    Konsa      Carlos       Pau      Moreno

Kamara     McGinn            

Tielemans

Bailey         Watkins            

Edited by ferguson1