Match Thread: Villa v Legia Warszawa

limpid

Starting to heat up a little bit now. Been too flat for too long.

We're so obviously the better team of the two even though we look like it's a training ground match. Their goal was gifted, so no more of that sloppy crap and we got this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Watching us struggle against these at home is a little disappointing to say the least. Started well and have looked disjointed since we scored. 

So many changes does that to your shape and flow.

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

So slow. Always playing 10 percent less than the prem. Its a tactic make no mistake. Energy conservation. 

Yeah, gotta chalk it don to it being on purpose. We're keeping the ball and being a bit ponderous with it. At least it conserves energy I guess.

Just now, osmark86 said:

Yeah, gotta chalk it don to it being on purpose. We're keeping the ball and being a bit ponderous with it. At least it conserves energy I guess.

Yeah, keep the ball, make them chase it, tire them out, take advantage later. It makes sense. **** tedious though.

• Like 1

Just now, MWARLEY2 said:

So slow. Always playing 10 percent less than the prem. Its a tactic make no mistake. Energy conservation. 

I disagree, there are enough squad players in the pitch so no need... energy conservation would be winning this match by 2 goals and then not needing to worry about the next ECL fixture when we have important PL fixtures to worry about.

I said this in the pre match thread - I can’t get excited about these games now. The Villa players have consistently shown this doesn’t really matter to them so how as a fan are you meant to be excited for these games. They’ve shown up literally once.