England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Money. You get paid a fortune to work as a part manager. The qualification phase for tournaments is also a procession so effectively you've 2 months work every two years. 

Nah its gone, there's 1 maybe 2 top managers in international football

The likes of west ham if they got rid of moyes next summer would be paying as much as england

And the part time thing is a negative, means they don't spend enough time with the players to make it work, I dont think unai, klopp, pep etc would be good international managers, they can't live it day to day in the same way

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

The media don't see it that way, he's a fu***ing legend tp them.

Southgate just said, it was difficult on that pitch anyway. 😂

Yeah that's it

"failure" he's probably close to being our most successful manager in terms of tournaments (without winning obviously) win, percentages, all sorts of stats that don't involve watching his football

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Nah its gone, there's 1 maybe 2 top managers in international football

The likes of west ham if they got rid of moyes next summer would be paying as much as england

And the part time thing is a negative, means they don't spend enough time with the players to make it work, I dont think unai, klopp, pep etc would be good international managers, they can't live it day to day in the same way

You don't need a good 'coach' to manage an international side, just be a good judge of skill and a good tactician.

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I could see him taking over from Woy at Palace next summer after the tournament.

Then he'll get them relegated, and disappear up the arse of the FA

You know what, now that I think of it I wouldn't be surprised if Poch eventually goes and Waistcoat takes Chelsea. I think that's how mad the owners are. 

17 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

FA will want Howe, if he don't leave Newcastle, Potter, I'd have DiZerbi all day long.

The next England manager will be Frank Lampard. He is a big name for the media and casual fans, doesnt have much baggage and has Premier League experience even if it wasnt very good

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

The next England manager will be Frank Lampard. He is a big name for the media and casual fans, doesnt have much baggage and has Premier League experience even if it wasnt very good

Gerrard when he comes back from Saudi more like. 😂

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

You don't need a good 'coach' to manage an international side, just be a good judge of skill and a good tactician.

I think it's more motivation, you need nous to set the team up in the right way, the right players at the right time in the right positions but after that just get them happy, fire them up and send them out there

At best Southgate's England were just kick and rush, they were never tactically sound* or good in central midfield

I actually redknapp would have been alright for England, never the best coach but I think the players would have played with a smile and at least wanted to be there

*I'll give him the set pieces in 2018,not sure why that disappeared, we nailed them in that tournament

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Gerrard when he comes back from Saudi more like. 😂

If Gerrard didnt go to Saudi he would have been a contender too. Southgate was in a similar position to both of them when he got hired

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's more motivation, you need nous to set the team up in the right way, the right players at the right time in the right positions but after that just get them happy, fire them up and send them out there

At best Southgate's England were just kick and rush, they were never tactically sound* or good in central midfield

I actually redknapp would have been alright for England, never the best coach but I think the players would have played with a smile and at least wanted to be there

*I'll give him the set pieces in 2018,not sure why that disappeared, we nailed them in that tournament

I agree. Plus, we could perfect set pieces by aiming them at his head. He's always super happy when pelted in jest by errant crosses!

Can you imagine having this front 6 and making them so impotent?

Saka.        Bellingham.  Rice.  Grealish

Foden

Kane

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Adman said:

Can you imagine having this front 6 and making them so impotent?

Saka.        Bellingham.  Rice.  Grealish

Foden

Kane

Incredible isn't it. That setup should win everything in football.

On 17/11/2023 at 20:10, MachoFantastico said:

Surprised Rashford is playing, he's been awful for United this season. 

Maguire is the big problem. The sooner he's out the better. Sure he can hear a ball, but he can't play out. All the top teams in Europe play out. 

All forward play starts from him and he just can't do it.

The difference between him and Pau is lightyears

Every time Maguire tried a forward pass an angel gets gonhorrea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I could see him taking over from Woy at Palace next summer after the tournament.

Then he'll get them relegated, and disappear up the arse of the FA

He's a Prime lubed dildo for his level in Saudi 

• Like 1

Gave credit where it was due after the Italy game, but this was a very deflating international break. Hard to motivate players when the job is clearly already done, but that seems like all the more reason to be a bit more bold in selection and tactics, give players individual targets to achieve and I don't see much evidence of that apart from Trent (who seems to have flubbed the midfield audition anyway). 

Poor treatment of Konsa as well, and all the more infuriating when you see Maguire just shoving a guy over in the area after falling over his feet, after gifting the ball away with a howler of a pass. When he's bad he's an absolute **** carthorse. 

• Like 2

Â