Midweek Football 6/9 November

andykeenan

A slightly better hit from Son and that was 2-2 with minutes to go.

Let Chelsea paper over the cracks. Spuds dropping points is good, and I don't give a shit if it looks comfortable at 4-1, that was a **** humiliating performance from Chelsea, they're atrocious.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Six shots from Jackson for his hat trick. Some of the worst forward play and finishing I can recall in a long time.

Those 3 points aren't gonna do shit for Chelsea. They're proper crap. The heart Spurs take from this is probably worth more. Embarrassing performance from Chelsea. 

Edit: quoted the wrong post, meant to quote @avfc1982am

Edited by Keyblade

Just now, Keyblade said:

Those 3 points aren't gonna do shit for Chelsea. They're proper crap. The heart Spurs take from this is probably worth more. Embarrassing performance from Chelsea. 

Agreed. Son really unlucky to not make it 2-2. Chelsea gave them so many chances to score with their rank stupidity and decision-making. Like a 5-a-side team on a full size pitch.

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Even with 9 men, he doubled down on the high line despite some defensive changes. The manner of goals conceded was embarrassing.

I don’t think you’re going to see a low block from an Ange side 😂

To be fair they almost equalised a couple of times before the match got away from them. 

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

2 goals for him, but that's one of the worst PL striker performances I have seen in ages. Jackson is **** shit.

That **** celebration from him as well, you're embarrassing yourself you **** clown

He scored a hat trick and still underperformed his XG

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Six shots from Jackson for his hat trick. Some of the worst forward play and finishing I can recall in a long time.

I agree, he scored a hat trick yet I went away thinking he was useless.  Goes to show that data doesn’t always show the full story.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Edit: quoted the wrong post, meant to quote @avfc1982am

The loss of 3 points in a more than winnable game is the f*** up for Spurs. I agree Chelsea are shit but they won 4 -1 and tomorrow nobody will give a crap at the performance.

It's a good result for us which is far more important anyway. Couldn't really give a shit about either of them clubs

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Carragher talks such nonsense. "Spurs will take as much from this game as Chelsea". Duuuhh, 3 points says they don't. 

I totally get what he's saying.

Sometimes you can lose a game yet what you did in it was very good and so you take that into easier games in the coming weeks.

Remember when we lost 4-2 to Arsenal and people were piling into Emery after that. Yet what I saw was a superb performance and a game we could've easily won. We went to Everton the next week and with a poorer performance comfortably won and then had that superb end of season run.

Issue for Spurs though is Wolves away will just bore them to death with that stubborn low block and given Maddison is probably out they won't have the creativity to break through. Shame Neto is out but likes of Cunha will enjoy running at Eric Dier aswell.

After the break it's us and then Man. City away so I'm curious what response we then get from them in December as that's the mark of a serious top 4 team.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I totally get what he's saying.

Sometimes you can lose a game yet what you did in it was very good and so you take that into easier games in the coming weeks.

Remember when we lost 4-2 to Arsenal and people were piling into Emery after that. Yet what I saw was a superb performance and a game we could've easily won. We went to Everton the next week and with a poorer performance comfortably won and then had that superb end of season run.

Issue for Spurs though is Wolves away will just bore them to death with that stubborn low block and given Maddison is probably out they won't have the creativity to break through. Shame Neto is out but likes of Cunha will enjoy running at Eric Dier aswell.

After the break it's us and then Man. City away so I'm curious what response we then get from them in December as that's the mark of a serious top 4 team.

I agree with what your saying to a point and in principle but Spurs were poor. For a start they were terribly Ill disciplined after injuries to key players, that isn't a good look for a team supposedly challenging for the top 4. They threw that game away so I don't see it as a positive performance.

24 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Carragher talks such nonsense. "Spurs will take as much from this game as Chelsea". Duuuhh, 3 points says they don't. 

Pretty sure he wasn't talking about points. 

I don't see how Sours can take anything from the game really. Its been a total disaster. They started so well, could have been 2 up.then lost their heads. Plus I juries as well. Maddison we know is injury prone but a great player when he's fit. If he's out for any extended period they loose half their creativity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Cole Palmer is the only player with any guile. The rest have just been bought off fifa by their potential.

Sterling gave one of those performances where he assisted and got into some good areas but his all round football intelligence hasn't half been exposed playing in team where he doesn't get freebie goals from cutbacks.

He wasted so many good opportunities in the final third with terrible passes, Mudryk created far more than him today.

Â