Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Luton

limpid

Match Polls  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/10/23 at 23:59

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Really wasn’t, maybe depends on where you’re sat?

I was trinity upper close to the holte side. Don’t get me wrong I’ve known it worse but for how well we are doing especially at home the atmosphere is mainly crap and today was the same. 

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I was trinity upper close to the holte side. Don’t get me wrong I’ve known it worse but for how well we are doing especially at home the atmosphere is mainly crap and today was the same. 

It's difficult to get up for games when you don't just know the outcome but likely the score too. We were pretty likely to score 3 or 4 and they were pretty likely to score 0 or 1. It's why the atmosphere is so bad at Man City. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's difficult to get up for games when you don't just know the outcome but likely the score too. We were pretty likely to score 3 or 4 and they were pretty likely to score 0 or 1. It's why the atmosphere is so bad at Man City. 

That’s one of my opinions too. We were just so expectant today and probably didn’t feel the need to get up for it ourselves. It was easy today. I actually thought during the game if our atmosphere would get worse if we got into top 4 which is madness really. Sunday games can be a bit dull as well .

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Thats where I was, maybe can't hear the holte as much up there either. We had a bit of singing but upper trinity isn't really renowned for atmosphere.

Edited by Talldarkandransome

Great to be able to win comfortably, but it worried me that we were too comfortable.  I would have liked to see more aggression and urgency to our play.  

We could and should have moved the ball much more quickly, should have hit Digne with an early ball, multiple times.  Taking slow and easy becomes a habit and a dangerous habit against the wrong opponent.  

interesting today, that balls over the top on an inside channel were highly effective.  Also interesting is that few of them were to Watkins, who typically makes those runs.  Television coverage is great for seeing the key moments on the ball, but not good at all for seeing the movement off the ball.  Anybody have greater insight into what was happening that those balls were so effective?

on a similar note, who hit the ball to Bailey that ended in our third goal?

and who hit the one to Diaby after that?

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s one of my opinions too. We were just so expectant today and probably didn’t feel the need to get up for it ourselves. It was easy today. I actually thought during the game if our atmosphere would get worse if we got into top 4 which is madness really. Sunday games can be a bit dull as well .

I agree, I was in the Trinity lower an it was a little flat all around, hopefully we ain't getting used to winning, don't wanna end up like City's fans, expectan every week.

Have to admit though, I was probably one of them, left disappointed we didn't get that 4th goal, an clean sheet.

What a weird match...you would think that that Luton, after going down 1-0, would have chased the match, but they still sat back as if they knew it was hopeless and all they could do was hope to minimize goal difference in case it matters in the relegation battle. So this is what it's like being elite. I kinda like it. Beats being on their end of things.

Good teams win the matches they should win...and, Wolves aside, we're doing that.

I'm looking forward to late November/early December with Spurs, City, and Arsenal in four matches...it's time to see just how good we are.

• Like 3