Weekends Football 27/29 October

andykeenan

9 minutes ago, luckyeddie said:

This is the problem, it's not OK to take 7 minutes to check something that for nearly 150 years we have expected someone to decide in a split second. It's killing the spontaneity of the game. After seven minutes nobody give a shit any more they are just checking other football we scores We do not watch football for the referee and VAR to be centre stage.

Should be a 1 minute time limit for decision to be referred to VAR. After 60 seconds they either tell the ref to go to monitor or stick with original decision. Once ref goes to monitor he gets a further minute to review the multiple angles to decide (which in fairness is the time the vast majority take).

Taking about four minutes to decide on offside in the Burnley game was ridiculous as I could tell from the first angle used it was offside.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Barcodes look devastated don't they!👍

Played that like a must win in March/April.

Chance to go five clear of them with a win now. They also have Arsenal at home next weekend.

Utd in the week too in the cup, with an injury hit squad so they can't rotate.

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

He may well be the best English player of all time by the time he retires. Safe to say if he puts in a couple of seasons like he's started this one for Real he'll be a legend there for a long time.

I honestly have never seen anything like it, I understand that the were legends of the game before my time but this guy just simply looks like Ballan D'Or winner for the next 10 years, no competition.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

People are reluctant to consider him the best striker even right now let alone one of the best of all time because he didn't win any trophies in his career.

More down to the debate as to what a striker is anymore

Messi and Ronaldo have warped people's perception

As a proper out and out number 9 he's the 2nd best in the world(haaland)... But then when you compare him to say mbappe is he as good? Mbappe does more, even kane himself when you watch him he's trying to be more involved, he's doing the whole Roy of the Rovers shit for England

Who should you actually compare him with? Haaland, Lewandowski, Lukaku (who is banging them in for Belgium again) martinez at inter? I think martinez might have more goals than him but he's blatantly not better than him

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

More down to the debate as to what a striker is anymore

Messi and Ronaldo have warped people's perception

As a proper out and out number 9 he's the 2nd best in the world(haaland)... But then when you compare him to say mbappe is he as good? Mbappe does more, even kane himself when you watch him he's trying to be more involved, he's doing the whole Roy of the Rovers shit for England

Who should you actually compare him with? Haaland, Lewandowski, Lukaku (who is banging them in for Belgium again) martinez at inter? I think martinez might have more goals than him but he's blatantly not better than him

I think Guirassy is the only player in Europe that has more goals than him right now. He's blatantly better than Haaland imo. The only player who can talk to him is Lewandowski. His overall game is just so good, and he consistently bangs in the goals on top of that. 

Â