Have you lost interest in England?

b6bloke

Have you lost interest in England?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost interest in England?

• Yes
    • No

Last Saturday i choose to go to the cinema instead of watching the England and tonight i choose to go boxing training. Why? Because we are crap! This isn't about being fickle its about being sick to death of seeing crap football and seeing big name players who never seem to perform get picked! In my opinion this is not going to change until we go back to playing football the ENGLISH way!

Looking at the team tonight i can not see where the goals are coming from and i ask you WHY THE HELL IS WAYNE ROONEY STILL IN THE TEAM!!!!!

He last scored a goal for England 11 months ago!

He has only score 2 competative goals since 2004!!

Chances are that if any of you lot were picked during this time you would have scored more.

He says his goal drought is not bothering him! shows how much you give a toss about playing for England then Wayne because anybody who cared WOULD be bothered!! His team mates say he should be in as he is a good provider but there are far better providers out there!

How confident are Croatia tonight? Well their manager said that they beat us twice last time and they are better team now where as England are not. Can't argue against that can you really?

I'm with you B6 I didn't watch the game on Saturday and I'm not going to be watching the game this evening either because rather simple there are other things I'd rather do with my time. This isn't an over night thing its been something that has been building over the last few years but its finally dawned on me that I just don't care about the England team any more.

I'm tired of the meaningless friendlies, the multiple substitutions, the big players being missing from the squad due to 'injury' only to be fit the following Saturday. I'm sick of manager after manager coming out with the same old excuses and picking the same old players based on reputation rather than ability, form or their suitability to a formation of style.

How many England managers does it take to figure out Lampard and Gerrard can't play together?

It sounds like the opening line of a joke and guess what it is a joke, England are a joke.

We play games in a huge stadium built in the wrong place which is unaccessable to the majority of the nation, a stadium which is rarely full (how many empty seats where there at the last game) because people like me who used to be England members no longer go to games. We have become tired of £8 for a burger and all the money grabbing rip off's that go along with supporting England when half the players pull out on the instructions of their club manager.

The new Wembley is devoid of soul with a middle tear full of the sort of people who would rather stay and have one last glass of bubbly rather than take their seat for kickoff.

I'm tired of Beckham being picked for commercial reasons, I'm tired of Rooney being picked for I don't know what reason, I'm tired of Lampard and Gerrard, I'm tired of foreign managers of meaningless friendlies and pathetic pathetic performances.

I'm sick of hearing there are no easy games in international football anymore! There bloody are, they are against England!!!!

I'm sick of the FA selling the rights to games to the highest bidder without a care for those fans who do not want to go to the pub or subscribe to another satelite channel. England games should be accessable to everyone, that means they should be on the BBC or ITV, period.

But no, the FA sold a package to Sentanta in which there isn't even the provision of a highlights package to those who don't have the channel.

The game in this country sold out a long time ago, people point the finger at the Premier League as the worst example but for me England is the biggest sell out of all and personally speaking, I'm not buying it any more.

I'm sick of the FA selling the rights to games to the highest bidder without a care for those fans who do not want to go to the pub or subscribe to another satelite channel. England games should be accessable to everyone, that means they should be on the BBC or ITV, period.

Agree.

I washed my hands of England when Brian Little and John Gidman were continually overlooked.......although I admit to having my interest reignited by David Platt in 1990, for a couple of weeks anyway

I enjoyed WC 2002, since then it's all been Villa. Really couldn't give a stuff about the players or the side. It's a closed shop in terms of personnel, managers pandering to out of form overrated tosspots, and most of the more vocal fans who go are absolute tosspots, full of chavs, who embarrass England's sinking reputation by the game.

I hope Croatia win tonight cause it'd be **** funnyoot read the tabloid journos go into an apopletic frenzy thinking anyone cares.

I follow the English cricket and rugby sides and british athletes at the olympics etc, but the football side? Nah couldn't give a flying **** about it

Totally lost interest aswell, went to cinema saturday myself and had more of a laugh than i would have done watching England.

They are pure tripe and to be honest i think i will actually laugh if Croatia go ahead tonight... makes me smile more than it does when we score these days.

I'll watch it cause of Barry and I take great delight in telling all my Chelsea mates how he is better than lumpard (come back Stevie G it makes it all the more fun )

But it's a tough call as when I see Crouch and / or Heskey in the squad I kinda just loose interest and wish i was born in Andora or something

I really hope they lose!

What a disgraceful comment that is! Im English and proud of it, and no matter how poor we play, this is my country and i will continue to support it regardless of who is picked. I cant believe a fellow countryman would even come out with a comment like that.

I would really love to know exactly why you want your own country to lose a football match? Assuming you are infact English.

I've lost interest a long time ago, its more to do with the same old harpings from the FA that this is a new era when in fact it isn't. The same players keep getting chance after chance to prove themselves. Lampard, Beckham, how long have we had those two players in this squad. The reason why nations are catching us up, is due to not blooding in youngsters, who are hungry for the chance. The youngsters we do blood in are bloody shite. The one thing the midfield lacks is energy,pace! people may slate me for this but Nigel Reo Coker would be ideal for England at the moment. Even Michael Johnson at City. These players in this squad have FAILED in numerous tournaments, the reason they don't get dropped is because they pull in crowds, they get the extra setatnta subscriptions which is more important than winning at the moment. We will get a point today, because thats what were playing for.

I actually thought things would change under Capello. So far, Its as though McClaren never left isn't it?

So yes, the interest is waning fast. I shall watch the match tonight though, as I believe this is the first REAL test for Capello and I'm interested to see how he handles it.