Have you lost interest in England?

b6bloke

Have you lost interest in England?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost interest in England?

• Yes
    • No

It helps seperate the comments

Ah right sorry, I wasn't sure if it was a new thing like mods write in red..

By the way, your avatar is wrong. The second 'too' should be 'to'.

And I agree Paddy. I would be so much more excited to see our Ashley play tonight. But I think that's more to do with what I was saying about entertainment. I like watching Ashley play cause he's entertaining. If you gave me the choice to watch Stuart Downing play or peel some potatoes with a toothbrush, I could guarantee you chips for supper.

Bilic slammed Liverpool for the way they sent Gerrard for an operation he's been waiting months to have on the international break, meaning he'll only miss one Liverpool game (but 2 England games), saying that this shows that players priorities lie to their clubs and not their country.

If this was a Villa player, say Ashley Young, would you believe it's a good decision by the club? Or do you think players should keep the tradition of the honour of representing their country as paramount?

I personally have not, only because I love football.

Have I lost the feeling of panic when there is 2mins to go and we need a goal or two? Yes

For me I am just as passionate but now more realistic, I love watching England play and I love the hype I just feel while the wrong players are involved, and they surely are to an extent,then losses are not something I care deeply about, they are just part of the slide into mediocrity that has bee plaguing us for years.

Yes, totally lost interest. Didn't even remember the Andorra game was on, won't bother with tonight's, going out for a meal.
Well, I did watch the second half on a dodgy internet stream when we got back. And, yes, it was pretty impressive.

But I'm still not that fussed about England anymore.

Interesting to see the comments and the other thread too. I've spent pretty much all day since my last post here playing good old golf, having a proper old carvery, british ale, and then watching the latter stages of the England match and being shocked by how well they played, though later realised croatia had a man sent off. Suffice to see, I don't think I can articulate my feelings on it clearly, as it's all mixed up in ambiguity and conflicting emotions so I'll just shut up :lol:

who else do you support?

This might come as a shock, but I support Aston villa

how funny!

Well, its true. When villa play Spurs, i really care about who wins, Villa ofc

When Hull play Reading, I dont care at all, unless the match impacts on Villa in some way

When england play croatia I dont care at all, unless a Villa player played and did well/badly for either team

I'm just not a fan of england, didnt watch the game last night (altho I've seen the goals on the news this morning) and wont watch the next one either

So your comment about who else I support is kind of daft, becasue there is no requirement for anyone to support a national team as far as I can see. Me and my kid kind of support Italy when they're playing, but thats kind of a personal thing going back to when we first started playing pro-evo together and we always played as italy, and delighted being honest, in playing england and kicking the crap out of David Beckham

there is also something unbearably chavvy about wearing an England shirt.

Great game last night. Great display. Great guts. Great football. Great result. Great team selection.

Ahhhh. The sweet smell of sticking with your team when others have lost faith and having that faith rewarded.

Onwards and upwards, Fab Cap. 8)

Great game last night. Great display. Great guts. Great football. Great result. Great team selection.

Ahhhh. The sweet smell of sticking with your team when others have lost faith and having that faith rewarded.

Is this an 'i told you so' moment? :D

And to think of all the people who missed it cause they had lost faith.

Is this an 'i told you so' moment? :D

And to think of all the people who missed it cause they had lost faith.

i think it qualifies as that, yes :nod: :winkold:

:?

But not a Villa one? :?

you are joking right?

A Villa shirt, becasue of those superb colours is, in its long sleeved variety anyway, a relatively classy thing, like the club is comes from in many ways. the current Villa shirt exudes "Trinity Road". I wouldnt wear one personally, but I dont find the sight offensive. my 12 year old wears a Villa shirt, but not to anywhere nice

England shirts are just chavtastic - the away shirt carries a certain something, but the home shirt has always in my mind been associated with the wrong type of person and is now right up there with burberry, Man united/Liverpool shirts and bling as the very definition of chavdom.

:?

But not a Villa one? :?

you are joking right?

A Villa shirt, becasue of those superb colours is, in its long sleeved variety anyway, a relatively classy thing, like the club is comes from in many ways. the current Villa shirt exudes "Trinity Road". I wouldnt wear one personally, but I dont find the sight offensive. my 12 year old wears a Villa shirt, but not to anywhere nice

England shirts are just chavtastic - the away shirt carries a certain something, but the home shirt has always in my mind been associated with the wrong type of person and is now right up there with burberry, Man united/Liverpool shirts and bling as the very definition of chavdom.

Oh please!

I think i've just grown up with so many negative images, it seems daft ( IMO ) to defend something unconditionally. With the exception of close family, if someone or some thing serially **** up, why be proud of that? Being English doesn't make me better than being french or angolan and I guess I've just grown up seeing alot of stuff in papers about "we're england we should do this and that, sod other countries, sod x y z we deserve this / that" and I find that so embarrassing and illogical. Doesn't mean there aren't traits I don't like ofc and I'll happily claim decent historical figures who are British as part of our past, but then again, what someone else did x years ago, again doesn't mean that now, i am better than anyone else. Patriotism, I find tends to descend into one giant pissing contest, and so generally, I avoid promoting it overtly.
You're me, you are.