Have you lost interest in England?

b6bloke

Have you lost interest in England?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost interest in England?

• Yes
    • No

If by tasty you mean 6-0. Or perhaps they could borrow Bale and keep it at 4-0 :)

Aaaaahhh. The kiss of death.

Brian thinks we'll walk this one. Is this akin to lawro backing Villa? :lol: :winkold:

Depends on how seriously we take it, most, if not all, of the stronger U21 players (Evans, Vokes, Hennessey, Gunter, Bale) will be involved with the first team, they may play the first leg of the U21 tie as we have Litchenstein at home, but we travel to Germany when the U21 second leg is played, so unlikely to have too many of them playing in that.

I'd imagine it'll be 2-0 to England in England, and say 2-1 in Wales, so 4-1 on aggregate.

Considering we went 11 years at U21 level without a victory, our performance at these qualifiers has been exceptional, and can be directly linked to the 4v4 freedom to play football introduced to our u7-u11 age groups about 8 years ago.

Not sure that England isn't a country, it definitely isn't a state though. Found this interesting definition too:

Empires are ruled by Emperors. Kingdoms are ruled by Kings (that should include United Kingdom). So, is England a Country? Well, Countries are ruled by ....... (Fill in the gap yourself).

The term country is a little vague to be fair. I would take country to mean a nation-state, in which case England is not a country, it's a province of the United Kingdom.

I'm still not bothered even though we won last night.

Ditto.Couldn't care less.

so, you haven't "lost interest" then? You were just never that interested anyway?

Fair doo's, but a completely different argument/point.

Or if you have "lost interest" at some point, why? Too many years of dissapointment?

what would bring the interest back?

Villa have had many years of dissapointment IMO, especially since the mid 80s. But I have not "lost interest" in them, and hopefully never will.

Losing interest is, IMHO, the easy way out .....

I must qualify my statement, having said I've lost interest, I failed to add that at no time have I really ever been a big England fan, even during the peak of my interest in the mid-late 80's when I was a young lad, I'd watch the games but not really be bothered that much whether England win, lose or draw.Over the years my interest has dwindled particulary during the post 1992 'Sky years' to the extent that now I have no interest at all in the England team.Various reasons mainly, but not exclusive to do with money, The FA, players, media and a section of England 'fans'.In fact my interest has dwindled in football as a whole, with Villa being the exception.

Like I've said before, I'd rather the Villa win a corner than England win a match, if that upsets or offends people so be it, I know I'm not the only one with that viewpoint.