Have you lost interest in England?

b6bloke

Have you lost interest in England?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost interest in England?

• Yes
    • No

In my opinion this is not going to change until we go back to playing football the ENGLISH way!

and what way would that be exactly? :? what is "The English way"? Lumping it up for a Big Man up front? :? I really don't know what this statement means. Seems potentially xenophobic

Looking at the team tonight i can not see where the goals are coming from and i ask you WHY THE HELL IS WAYNE ROONEY STILL IN THE TEAM!!!!!

AFAIK, the tam for the game tonight has not been disclosed, so how do you know who is playing? Also, Rooney, whilst not scoring, contributes one hell of a lot for the team, and is a very good player, and the best striker we have. He won the PL with his club, and the CL too. Definitely a good player, and better than most other options

Chances are that if any of you lot were picked during this time you would have scored more.

a laughable statement. I can appreciate this can be an emotive topic, but that is a bizzare statement.

His team mates say he should be in as he is a good provider but there are far better providers out there!

not since Sherigham there isn't. As the deeper lying striker, he is a very valubale asset. The problem is, we don't heave a decent, fit spearhead/lead striker for him to feed and play off. Hence Emily Heskey getting a game.

How confident are Croatia tonight? Well their manager said that they beat us twice last time and they are better team now where as England are not. Can't argue against that can you really?

Yes, you can. I think we are an infintely better side with Fab Cap at the helm. A manager who has proved himself at the top level, with some top players at his disposal. I'd like to think our boys can do well out there tonight. they are good enough to get a decent result.

Being English doesn't make me better than being french or angolan

Well I can possible see where you are coming from Re the Angolan side of it but French ..hell yes we are better at them purely becuase we are not errmm well French

It's hardly surprising that people struggle to find any enthusiasm for friendlies - which is what we've had to put up with for the last few months - or for games against the might of Andorra. Qualifiers hardly produce mass excitement full stop.

Fact is that all the England home qualifiers will sell out and I bet that if we qualify for the WC there will be the usual massive interest in the national team (followed by the usual disappointment when we flop out in the QF)

I wouldn't strictly agree with the PB. I for one am very patriotic and I know alot are the same. Perhaps not in the same 'God Bless America!' way, but I think a majority of the England population are proud to be English.

The main thing about being English is that we are a mongrel race. Our blood is Viking, Norman, Saxon, Celtic, Irish.. Hard to know where to stand with all of that.

Lost interest a long time ago. In fact, it's almost got to the point where I find it funny when England lose as the majority of the players are a bunch of d*ck heads.

My interest would/will probably pick up when Barry, Davies, Ashley and maybe Gabby and Milner are all in the team.

My interest will pick up when the team are entertaining. I'd rather we go out in the group stages with some stylish play and fantastic games than limp our way to the semi finals with dull games and then lose on penalties after a 0-0 bore.

Entertainment > Success.

The main thing about being English is that we are a mongrel race. Our blood is Viking, Norman, Saxon, Celtic, Irish.. Hard to know where to stand with all of that.

probabaly for another topic but that actually that isn't true .. for the Normans to have mixed the English blood line for example it would have required a constant stream of boats crossing the channel non stop for years ..reality is that the Norman conquest was but a few thousand strong army , somewhere between 4,000 & 7,000 troops ..the only effect the Normans really had on England was the impact on a large portion of the English vocabulary

anyway History rant over ...

I wouldn't strictly agree with the PB. I for one am very patriotic and I know alot are the same. Perhaps not in the same 'God Bless America!' way, but I think a majority of the England population are proud to be English.

I think I meant "not in the God Bless America" flag wavy, oath of allegiance sing the national anthem at every possible opporunity, AMERICA RULEZ kind of way.

The same form of nationalism is quite rife around the world really, england is one of the fairly few places where it cant be found in any great way.

English people tend to be patriotic in a very different way, because it is very, very hard to define exactly what Englishness and English culture is.

Anyway, topic for another thread I think

In my opinion this is not going to change until we go back to playing football the ENGLISH way!

and what way would that be exactly? :? what is "The English way"? Lumping it up for a Big Man up front? :? I really don't know what this statement means. Seems potentially xenophobic

xenophobic! Are you for real! The English way is meant by 4-4-2

Looking at the team tonight i can not see where the goals are coming from and i ask you WHY THE HELL IS WAYNE ROONEY STILL IN THE TEAM!!!!!

AFAIK, the tam for the game tonight has not been disclosed, so how do you know who is playing? Also, Rooney, whilst not scoring, contributes one hell of a lot for the team, and is a very good player, and the best striker we have. He won the PL with his club, and the CL too. Definitely a good player, and better than most other options

I was working from the papers predicted team but lets not spilt hairs here becasue even with the alternatives my question remains. As for Rooney he is the as a STRIKER to score goals and i have not seen hardly any a decent game where he has stood out to be a key player in the England team. You compare what he has done for his club which is where every England manager has gone wrong by keeping players in the team on reputation. How old are you? Do you remember Joihn Barnes when he played for England? He was awesome for Liverpool and apart from a goal against Brazil did little else to make him an England legend. Rooney is the same, he doesn't do enough to deserve that spot but people would rather ignore a proven goal scorer like Crouch who IMO is no super start but has proved his worth for England only to be ignored. You have seen Rooneys record and no sain person

Chances are that if any of you lot were picked during this time you would have scored more.

a laughable statement. I can appreciate this can be an emotive topic, but that is a bizzare statement.

His team mates say he should be in as he is a good provider but there are far better providers out there!

not since Sherigham there isn't. As the deeper lying striker, he is a very valubale asset. The problem is, we don't heave a decent, fit spearhead/lead striker for him to feed and play off. Hence Emily Heskey getting a game.

How confident are Croatia tonight? Well their manager said that they beat us twice last time and they are better team now where as England are not. Can't argue against that can you really?

Yes, you can. I think we are an infintely better side with Fab Cap at the helm. A manager who has proved himself at the top level, with some top players at his disposal. I'd like to think our boys can do well out there tonight. they are good enough to get a decent result.

Lost interest a long time ago. In fact, it's almost got to the point where I find it funny when England lose as the majority of the players are a bunch of d*ck heads.

My interest would/will probably pick up when Barry, Davies, Ashley and maybe Gabby and Milner are all in the team.

And if thats not being bloody fickle then i dont know what is! The point a few of us on here are trying to make is that you should support your country regardless of who is in the team, who we are playing and how we are playing. To say that you almost find it funny when England lose i find embaressing!

xenophobic! Are you for real! The English way is meant by 4-4-2

I was working from the papers predicted team but lets not spilt hairs here becasue even with the alternatives my question remains. As for Rooney he is there as a STRIKER to score goals and i have not seen hardly any a decent game where he has stood out to be a key player in the England team. You compare what he has done for his club which is where every England manager has gone wrong by keeping players in the team on reputation. How old are you? Do you remember Joihn Barnes when he played for England? He was awesome for Liverpool and apart from a goal against Brazil did little else to make him an England legend. Rooney is the same, he doesn't do enough to deserve that spot but people would rather ignore a proven goal scorer like Crouch who IMO is no super star but has proved his worth for England only to be ignored. You have seen Rooneys record and yet you think he is worth his place in the team enough to build the team around him. You are what the FA would class as England Manager potential

My opinion and i stick by it

Goal providers are not excusive to the striker position.

What we need is a manager building for the future. If the FA have admitted that this rebuilding is a long term project and needs to go right down to 'grass roots', then why hire a manager on extortionate wages who's admitted he's only here for 2 or so seasons.

I'd rather have a manager building a team for the future at the expense of our current success. But the problem is the average fan isn't happy with that. They want success and they want it now, and I fear that is simply not possible.

Not totally lost interest. I do still watch. But I'm not half as bothered as I used to be.

I still love the major championships if we get there, hence I'll be hoping we win tonight. I'd prefer it if Young (A) was in the team though. Or at least in the squad...

I used to care when I was younger and was extremley peeved when we went out of Euro 2004 but not now. Still watch the games, but my support isn't really there although still want us to win however there is so much wrong with the side at the moment.