Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

I think 0 is classed as a prime number. Maybe. Or maybe they were talking about numbers greater than two.

It is, however Friday afternoon and the sun is a considerable distance over the yardarm. Might our efforts be better employed in reaching for the bell and ringing for a G&T?

• 2 weeks later...

You watched Would I Lie To You on Dave tonight aswell then?

:D Yes. yes I did!

Isnt there at least a ten-fifteen year age gap between Dom Joly and Osama Bin Laden?

It was a 4-18 school (in Lebanon). They weren't in the same year (obviously).

Bonobos, which are pygmy chimpanzees, are famous for having LOADS of recreational sex. I know that this dolphin thing was a fact floating around a while ago but I think it has now been proved wrong. Alot of animals do have sex purely to reproduce, more through biological instinct than knowledge Paddy, but I'm sure there are quite a few that have sex for pleasure.

Surely all animals (well mammals) get pleasure out of it. They're not intelligent enough to know that's how they reproduce, so why would they do it otherwise?
I think the crucial point is that most animals don't do it outside the mating season or when the female is on heat. Humans, bonobos and dolphins do it all the time (i.e. including times when impregnation is unlikely), which is functionally pointless - and therefore unusual.

The evolutionary argument is that sex among these few lucky species has adapted to be not merely a reproductive function, but also a means of strengthening pair-bonding - which has advantages for the survival of any offspring.

Chris Coleman's favourite song is Coffee and TV by Blur.

I didn't get that off the internet, I actually know it. No idea why my memory has chosen to retain that useful nugget.

Â