Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

My first Fifa was the first Fifa, just called Fifa International Soccer. When you fouled someone and the ref wanted to book you or send you off you could run away from him. He would chase you forever if you kept running. :D

He'd send you off then though if you ran away too long!

EA Sports team was the shit :)

Not on the Megadrive. He couldnt send you off if he wasnt close enough to do his little red card animation, so you could just keep running and running and running and running.

He would never stop chasing you of course, so you had to take the card sooner or later. But there was no place where the game cut in and took control of your character.

Apparently Brighton and Hove Albion have a surprising number of fans in Albania. :nod: Does anyone know why this is?

Is it to do with Norman Wisdom per chance?

My first Fifa was the first Fifa, just called Fifa International Soccer. When you fouled someone and the ref wanted to book you or send you off you could run away from him. He would chase you forever if you kept running. :D

He'd send you off then though if you ran away too long!

EA Sports team was the shit :)

Not on the Megadrive. He couldnt send you off if he wasnt close enough to do his little red card animation, so you could just keep running and running and running and running.

He would never stop chasing you of course, so you had to take the card sooner or later. But there was no place where the game cut in and took control of your character.

the megadrive version was the one i meant - what i meant was, if you ran away for a long time, then decided you'd had enough and let him give you the card, you'd be sent off

he never booked me when id ran away for a fair few seconds

shaun ryder is banned from ever appearing on channel 4 because he said the word "****" twice live on air during TFI friday, once during an interview, and in a following episode when he performed live.

shaun ryder is banned from ever appearing on channel 4 because he said the word "****" twice live on air during TFI friday, once during an interview, and in a following episode when he performed live.

Thats actually in the Channel Four charter, ie the contract that the government made them sign in order to have the right to broadcast.

1z3zc5f.png

I remember it happening at the time actually. I loved TFI friday and i remain to this day a huge Happy Mondays/Black Grape fan (hell, my screen name on this very forum is a reference to a Black Grape song) He swore more than twice.

Incident #1. Swearing lots of times at 6pm on a Friday while covering Pretty Vacant (the last 20 seconds of Chris Evans dying on his arse are comedy gold)

Im disappointed the other one doesnt appear to be on Youtube any more. It certainly used to be. It was Chris Evans and Shawn Ryder doing an interview. Chris said to Shawn that he needed to promise never to swear again on pre watershed live television, and if he did then Chris would give Shawn his shoes.

Chris took a shoe off and handed it to Shawn. It was some extremely expensive hand stitched Italian thing. Shawns first words? "**** smart shoes, these" before putting his hand over his mouth realising one had just slipped out.

TFI Friday was never live again, and the 2008 version of the show (The Friday/Sunday Night Project) is a piss poor watered down imitation. Its a bit of a shame really. TFI Friday was great.

Nottingham Forestare the only side to have won the European Cup (twice) more times than the league (once).

How the f*ck did they ever win the cup twice?!?!?

brian-clough.jpg

(and of course, Martin O'Neill played for them!)

Nottingham Forestare the only side to have won the European Cup (twice) more times than the league (once).

How the f*ck did they ever win the cup twice?!?!?

Automatic re-entry as holders and won it again.

Just taking this off on a tangent for a second, but is Brian Clough one of the greatest men involved in football ever? He was one hell of a striker, 251 goals in 274 games as a player, and his career was over because of serious injury at 27. Its conceivable he could have been in the 1966 England squad if he hadnt got the injury. And of course everybody knows about him as a manager. Winning the league at not one, but two unfashionable clubs and of course winning and retaining the European cup. That Forest side of the late 1970's were ridiculously good. Its a damn shame the FA were too scared to give him the England job.

He will have a statue of him erected in three separate cities before very much longer. Middlesbrough, Nottingham and Derby.

i suggest reading Cloughies autobiography, one of the best, if not the best book ive ever read.

best part was when he writes about becoming leeds manager, he walked into the dressing room on the first day and said, "right lads, i know you won a lot of medals under don revie, but as far as im concerned you can throw all those medals in the bin becuase you won them by cheating"

and when Clough dropped MON into the reserves, apparently MON asked why he had been dropped to the 2cnd team, cloughie said "because your too good for the 3rd team"

By his apprentice i meant Martin O'Neill.

A good Clough story i heard was that on the first day of pre season training he would make his players strip to their underwear and run through the stinging nettles that grew on the edge of their training ground. And we are talking about England internationals here. They would do it of course. Any new signings asking what this ritual was about (and apparently Peter Shilton asked) were told by Cloughie that if they didnt want to do it then they didnt want to play for his football team. And if they didnt want to play for his football team then they would be in the reserves for a season. Shilton must have knew he meant it because he played ball, and of course Forest went on to win the title that season.

The funny thing is that Clough publically comes over as a total gobshite, but in reading his autobiography, he does come across as a man well aware of his failings as a human. Of course, he is also well aware of his strengths too, but somewhere, the real Brian Clough seems to get lost in the stories.

I imagine he was very bitter about first his injury, the fact henever really got a chance to prove his playing skills at the highest level, the wages the modern players got,compared t ohis career, and I think he might be abit bewildered by the player power in this day and age.

But yes, Forest were in the old 3rd Div when he took them over, in much the same way as Derby were at the foot of the old 2nd, and made both into european contenders. Forest are no more a club now than they were when Cough joined them.

Â