Weekends Football 20/21 October

andykeenan

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I assumed you've played sport before? It's impossible to move at speed and have your arms glued to your sides. The other defender is in exactly the same position. If the ball hits his arm it's also a penalty. Why are all the players defending in such an unnatural way? Haha. As if they're thick and don't know how to block crosses.

Its such an idiotic rule and bad terminology.

He’s got his arm way out and blocked the cross from a few meters away. There is nothing controversial about that decision.

Konate possibly getting a second yellow is the only controversial call in that match. 

• Thanks 1

He can move his hand back towards his body as the ball is being struck.

Basically his hand is stuck out before the cross is hit and it remains outstretched and so these days when that happens it's a penalty. If there's time to move your hand away from the ball then a defender should do it, Keane didn't and there was reasonable distance.

I'm surprised we're getting pages of this. If Konsa or Pau does that tomorrow I fully expect West Ham to be awarded a penalty and I won't be moaning too much about it. Now Digne v Palace start of last season, that was a handball that should never have been awarded given he was jumping and his back was also turned.

The big decision today was Pawson bottling giving Konate a second yellow when he took out Docoure. Score was 0-0 at the time so that had a bigger impact on last 20 minutes imo.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The other defender is leaping in to block to cross, his arm is in what people would accept as natural for an athletic lunge in. Keane is jogging around with his arm hanging as far out as he possibly could, in a fixed position.

About a quarter of a second on from that still, he is touching the Liverpool player.

It's the rule I have an issue with. I agree it should be given based on current rules.

I think if you move your arm towards a ball to stop it then it's a pen. If it hits you from wherever your positioned as its struck, then it shouldn't. 

If that cross also hits the closer defenders arms then its also a pen isn't it? That's rediculous if so.

A pen is effectively giving the attacking team a goal. What he did doesnt deserve the other team getting a goal. Maybe indirect free kick for this sort of thing. 

16 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s clear to see why Doku plays instead of Grealish, he has no fear, takes people on and looks dangerous, he is like the Grealish we used to have, not the Man City version. 

Which is what I don't get because Grealish was doing this when he first joined and it was clearly coached out of him as his game time increased the more boring he got. Why does Pep want Doku doing this now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Liverpool totally dominated that match, a draw or Everton win would have been a total smash and grab. If anything 2-0 flatters Everton. Everton are in for a long season.

The reds changed the game sure you can agree on that?

18 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

It’s clear to see why Doku plays instead of Grealish, he has no fear, takes people on and looks dangerous, he is like the Grealish we used to have, not the Man City version. 

Doku looks very impressive

Him and diaby both look like very impressive attacking players whoch reassures me that our scouting team has massively improved 

Â